• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear Jet Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm getting a type rating through the WIA (Workforce Investment Act) because I'm furloughed. Is there a lot of work for Lear pilots out there? If not what type rating would you suggest. Thanks again.:)

MD80DRVR said:
Is the Lear 25 and 35 a common type rating?? Thanks.:cool:

YES, the "LR-JET" Type Rating covers the following models:

Lear 23, 24, 25, 28, 29
Lear 31/31a, 35/35a, 36/36a
Lear 55/55b/55c

The Lear 45 and Lear 60 are their own separate Type Ratings. (LR-45 & LR-60 respectively)

md80drvr

What company are you using to get the type?
Which state is issuing the WIA funds?
How much are they funding?
Thanks

Is there a lot of work for Lear pilots out there?

Yep.

Also, a guy I know who has flown a bunch of different jets told me that if you can fly a Lear, you can do well in almost any jet.

It will be interesting for me to try and find out if that's true. :)

Timebuilder said:
Yep.

Also, a guy I know who has flown a bunch of different jets told me that if you can fly a Lear, you can do well in almost any jet.

It will be interesting for me to try and find out if that's true. :)

Timebuilder,

Trust me, you'll be happy the Lear was your first jet... Makes flying everything else easy... (not necessarily from systems point of view, but from a stick and rudder point of view)

difficult?

I would qaulify that a little bit. If you can fly a 20 series, every other jet becomes easy. A 31 is really quite docile. A 20 you have to think further ahead and the controls are crisper. Especially the 23 and 24.

As for the systems, if you understand the logic behind them they are actually simple. But then again they were designed in the day when the major airlines still operated DC6's. Compared with aircraft designed today, they are a little more difficult to use.

Latest resources

Back