Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you Remington.

Say Again-

why do you come across as such an angry guy?
Gosh you're soooooooo macho.

And by the way, you really dont know how to have an intelligent debate. You just sling insults.

Remington said:
Actually "dangerous" is defined as - involving risk or difficulty. I believe flying falls under this catagory.
H25B - Ask Payne Stewert if flying is dangerous.

then I guess walking is "dangerous" as well as driving or even vacuuming your house...could fall down the stairs ya know?

you guys are jackoffs, you think because you fly airplanes you are Iceman Top Gun studs out there pushing the envelope or something...lucky to come home every night. Oh boy.

A chimp can fly an airplane, and a chimp with halfway decent judgement can do it safely. Thats all we are asking of you.

dangerous?.....c'mon now.... give it a rest superhero.

G100driver said:
What are the NetJet limits. IE no circle to land or increased vis requirements?

VFR Clear

No Night

No scud running

95% of the time we end up going to KRNO

Gulfstream 200 said:
then I guess walking is "dangerous" as well as driving or even vacuuming your house...could fall down the stairs ya know?

you guys are jackoffs, you think because you fly airplanes you are Iceman Top Gun studs out there pushing the envelope or something...lucky to come home every night. Oh boy.

A chimp can fly an airplane, and a chimp with halfway decent judgement can do it safely. Thats all we are asking of you.

dangerous?.....c'mon now.... give it a rest superhero.

Just to stir things up, from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics:

Among the individual occupations with high rates of fatal injury were logging
workers (92.4 per 100,000 workers), aircraft pilots and flight engineers (92.4 per
100,000), fishers and related fishing workers (86.4 per 100,000), and structural iron and
steel workers (47.0 per 100,000).

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

Everything is relative. We are working in one of the safest areas of one of the most dangerous occupations. That being said if you look at the numbers it's really not all that dangerous, it's just intolerant of bad judgement and inattention. 92.4 out of 100000 makes for a very small percentage so it's really pretty safe unless you are one of those 92.4.

Pat

Flying is safe

First let me say Godspeed to two fine pilots that have gone West.

Now with the thread creep:

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what is dagerous!

So let each of us do everthing to take care of the flying part each trip. Has worked for me for a number of years.

Mobie

I'm an instructor in the area of the accident and turning from downwind to base and final is definately a tight turn. Mountains on all sides. My prayers will be with the families.

flying is dangerous

It's really a matter of semantics. Flying is dangerous. However, with a safe pilot and a good aircraft it is very safe. So, it is really up to the pilot, and mechanics of course. No, I am not scared when I fly. I am a very relaxed, easygoing pilot. Am I in a more heightened state during critical phases of flight, sure! If I ever become so relaxed when I fly that I don't see any risk, or feel that It is just the most safe, risk free thing I could do-far safer than, say, skiing, then I will quit flying. I am more at ease flying than driving. I have and continue to do things that are risky- combat in Kuwait, Iraq in 1991, skiing, snowboarding, skydiving, rockclimbing, soaring, motorcycle racing among others. In fact, I crave risk and things that some people would cringe at the thought of attempting. So, if you think that I am the kind of person who lives in a bubble-and is afraid to walk down the street, then you are wrong. I just personally know of too many pilots that are now dead because they screwed up in execution or judgement(not all of them, though!). That said, I am very sorry that this Lear crew crashed.

7xpilot said:
I have and continue to do things that are risky....... In fact, I crave risk and things that some people would cringe at the thought of attempting.

Last edited:
Regardless of the ultimate conclusions of the NTSB investigation, the most important lesson to come out of this tragic accident is: when going into what are generally recognized as special or tricky airports (we know which ones they are), be EXTRA vigilant, cautious and conservative. All of the fractionals have established special procedures and often higher (than published)minimums for these places. It would behoove the industry to establish similar SOPs as the standard. This will help prevent unwitting pilots from being surprised by, and unprepared to deal with, critical situations bought on by local conditions, even after flying a technically legal procedure into these airports, especially if they have never been there before.

My condolences to the families and friends of these two guys. May God speed!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back