Lear down in TRK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7X makes an excellent post.

The job is about being safe and ALWAYS doing the right thing. Too often we as corporate pilots put our ego's in front of our job.

What scares me more than rush hour traffic (and that is very scary) is all of the boneheads that I have met while out here on the road.

satpak77 said:
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20051228/NEWS/112280030

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/13503509.htm

"owned by RSB Investments"

FAA search returns N781RS as only airplane to that name.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/946897/L/

this is also known as skywardaviation.com but the website is down

news said it crashed near KTRK on SE side of airport at approx 2 PM

Historical METARS

KTRK 282050Z 21021G40KT 6SM -RA BKN015 02/01 A3003 RMK NO SPECI=
KTRK 282250Z 21015KT 4SM -SN BKN015 02/ A3003=
KTRK 282345Z 21010KT 3SM -SN BKN015 A3004=
KTRK 290050Z 21015KT 2SM SN OVC015 MM/MM A3006 RMK NO SPECI=
KTRK 290111Z AUTO 22014G22KT 7SM SCT017 SCT025 BKN042 01/M02 A3006 RMK AO1=
KTRK 290131Z AUTO 23011G19KT 2SM SCT010 BKN015 OVC034 01/M01 A3006 RMK AO1=
KTRK 290151Z AUTO 23012G18KT 1 3/4SM BKN010 BKN013 OVC031 00/M02 A3005 RMK AO1=
KTRK 290211Z AUTO 23015G22KT 10SM SCT010 SCT029 BKN037 01/M03 A3005 RMK AO1=
KTRK 290231Z AUTO 22007G20KT 10SM SCT025 SCT035 SCT043 01/M03 A3007 RMK AO1=
KTRK 290251Z AUTO 21009G17KT 3SM SCT016 BKN029 OVC044 01/M02 A3007 RMK AO1=

APPROACH PLATES

http://myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/06021VDRGA.PDF

http://myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/06021G19.PDF

At NetJets TRK has to be clear for us to go in. Even then its one of the more challening airports we fly to IMHO.

Last edited:
Amish RakeFight said:
Flying is so dangerous!

Makes me wonder why I still do it.

I hate hearing about all these accidents.

You have have to be the stupidest, most uneducated pilots around. I've some of your other posts, and this is the icing on the cake!!!!!! I'm still wondering why you are a pilot, for the glorification?????? Flying is as dangerous as you make it out to be. I guess driving is dangerous, boating, swimming, etc because accidents happen with those activities too!!!!!:rolleyes:

God bless those involved!!!!!!

From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette

(edited transcript from local paper)

2 Washington County pilots die in plane crash near Lake Tahoe.

Jonathan Martin, 40, of Washington PA and Brett Karpy, 34, of North Strabane were killed Wednesday when their Learjet 35A crashed short of the runway near Tuckee Tahoe Airport. The crash occured at 5:06pm Pittsburgh time, 2:06pm Pacific time.

The two pilots worked for Skyward Aviation, a charter service based at Washington County Airport. The company declined interview requests yesterday. It wasn't known which man was at the controls when the plane, heading to Truckee from Idaho crashed. Lt. George Malim, Placer County Sheriff's Department (CA) said it was snowing and visibility was poor with sleet and snow and very hight gusts of wind. He said the jet burst into flames on impact.

Mach92 said:
At NetJets TRK has to be clear for us to go in. Even then its one of the more challening airports we fly to IMHO.

What are the NetJet limits. IE no circle to land or increased vis requirements?

say again said:
You have have to be the stupidest, most uneducated pilots around. I've some of your other posts, and this is the icing on the cake!!!!!! I'm still wondering why you are a pilot, for the glorification?????? Flying is as dangerous as you make it out to be. I guess driving is dangerous, boating, swimming, etc because accidents happen with those activities too!!!!!:rolleyes:

God bless those involved!!!!!!

you sound kind of stupid yourself.

And if you dont think its a risky profession, you need to get your head checked. Why do you think there are so many hurdles to get thorough and precuastions devised to try and minimize the dangers.

You're not gonna survie too long if you dont think its dangerous. And yes, those other activites have inherent risks as well. But sorry to say, much more can go wrong in a plane. But you seem to be unaware of this.

Yes flying is as safe as sleeping in your bed.:rolleyes:

sorry my posts differ in opinion...from yours and sound stupid from yours. Anythign different is stupid I guess, huh?

Amish RakeFight said:
you sound kind of stupid yourself.

And if you dont think its a risky profession, you need to get your head checked. Why do you think there are so many hurdles to get thorough and precuastions devised to try and minimize the dangers.

You're not gonna survie too long if you dont think its dangerous. And yes, those other activites have inherent risks as well. But sorry to say, much more can go wrong in a plane. But you seem to be unaware of this.

Yes flying is as safe as sleeping in your bed.:rolleyes:

sorry my posts differ in opinion...from yours and sound stupid from yours. Anythign different is stupid I guess, huh?

Good one there buddy!!!!! Of course it has some risk, but dangerous, NO!!! I don't need some punk, who has no idea what he is talking about, telling me about things that could go wrong in a plane. I'm not one who looks at my job as being dangerous, and once something goes wrong that's it. You seem to be the pilot that when something goes wrong, you freak out. No thanks!!! I've had problems, and they were taken care of safely. You remind me of a pilot I used to fly with who was deathly afraid of flying, what a jackoff this guy was.

Flying is as safe as sleeping in your bed??? That comment just proves what kind of moron you really are!!!!:p Actually, your whole responce does.

And your difference of opinion has nothing to do with my comments, it's your stupidty!!!

Amish,

Clearly you have done little research in coming to your conclusion. Are there inherent risks, obviously. However, numerous companies have done exhautive studies and the threat and danger (your implication) is not statistically much higher than commuting to that "safe" job. Agreed that as a pilot we have more opportunity to enjoy one of the statistical occurances, if you are well trained in a well maintained aircraft its manageable.

If your profile is anywhere near up to date, once you have some actual aviation accumen, lets chat again!

Did not spell check, so go easy!

Actually "dangerous" is defined as - involving risk or difficulty. I believe flying falls under this catagory.
H25B - Ask Payne Stewert if flying is dangerous.

Brett Karpy was a fine individual and airman. At first sight you would think of him as a California surfer type. Once you have flown with him you would acknowledge that he is a surfer dude with an excellent flying ability both stick and rudder as well as the most important attribute-common sense.

I don't know if he ever surfed but he sure knew how to snow ski. I guess some of you are still trying to figure out if flying or skiing has the biggest demon lurking nearby.

He had survived a wing separation incident while picking up a banner about 5 years ago in a super-cub which was due to mechanical failure.

God Bless You Brett buddy, you will be sorely missed on the ground & in the air.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back