• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 70 Defense fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm no longer at AirTran but this pisses me off to no end! Please post info on how to help Lear.

Thanks

Holy cow... I haven't refreshed the screen for a day or so to see what's new, and I have 2 pages.

The amount of support I've received from emails to phone calls to monetary help for legal fund has been just incredible, and has been a real comfort during a very difficult time. Yes, my coworkers have stepped up in a MAJOR way, and all of you have my sincere thanks, and my pledge that I'm going to follow through on what I started.

We have 2 people on board right now, working on a 3rd to try to make it a Class Action if we are not reinstated at System Board. I don't know of the tax liabilities in setting up a "fund", although I've opened a separate bank account to keep track of everything should there be tax issues, etc.

If you don't have the money to help with both me and Sandra Davis (the unfortunate pilot with cancer), then please give what you have to her fund. Email for info at [email protected]

If you can do both, I certainly appreciate it, and WILL return it, either as back-pay at the successful conclusion of System Board or Arbitration, or with interest if it proceeds to a successful civil case.

I PM'd Albie and he said to go ahead and keep it like I'm doing it with a separate account and documentation, so:

Paypal to [email protected]

Richard Murphy
1416 Aaronwood Dr
Old Hickory, TN 37138

Again, PLEASE, if you can only do one, send it to Sandra.

Thanks SO much for the support... It's frustrating hitting dead end after dead end in job search when you tell them you've been recently terminated, and I find very few companies who will even LOOK at the evidence before saying "No, thank you", so I can't begin to tell you how important it's been to have the support of my peers.

Fly Safe, and God Bless,

Rich

Last edited:
I'm in, baby.... Who's with me?

Successfully added one-time payment to RICHARD MURPHY for $200.00. Confirmation #: 0709200106Bill Payment - Scheduled PaymentsStatusDatePayeeFrequencyTypeAccountAmount Active 09/20/2007 RICHARD MURPHYOne-Time CheckB Safe 0001 $200.00 ViewEdit Delete

Lear, ten minutes ago I sent $20 to the paypal account listed above. Please take $10 for your legal fight and give $10 to Ms Davis. Thanks. Give em hell!

Last edited:
I'm going to "assess" myself 2% of my monthly bring-home to support Lear70 and his family until this issue gets resolved.

Like it or not, his battle is all our own...

Lear, ten minutes ago I sent $20 to the paypal account listed above. Please take $10 for your legal fight and give $10 to Ms Davis. Thanks. Give em hell!
I will be happy to, and will be even happier to send anyone else who wants to make one payment and have me forward it on.

It would actually put a smile on my face for the company to keep receiving a check every week or so from me for Sandra's medical fund from whoever of you wants to contribute.

Two birds with one stone, beautiful! :)

Thanks to all... !

p.s. Goose, tried to send you back an email but it bounced back to me as "email address not known". Thanks for the help though!

Last edited:
Done.... don't want it back.... we get to help each other......
Wait... is that payoff for me not getting to debate you on here anymore?

If so, I'm afraid I can't accept... I mean,,, what fun would it be to not be able to debate the merits of ALPA? ;)

Seriously though, thank you.

Latest resources

Back