• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Guys,

When several FedEx captains were terminated a few years back for jumpseat battles, the pilot force stepped up and wrote checks to keep these guys whole until the matter passed.

Any NPA guys working on something similar? The way it worked was we each gave them a few hundred bucks each, and the result was they didn't lose a nickel. When the settlement with the company came, these guys then gave the money back to the union for charitable causes. It was a win/win.

If any of you NPA types can get a formalized process going, Emerald Coast Interview Consutling is prepared to write the first check. I support your grass root efforts, and whether you are ALPA, NPA, IPA, APA, or teamsters...pilot pushing is pilot pushing and we need to stick together.

Make it happen--you'll get support from outside your company as well....

Good luck!

Rich now we've just been sending checks directly to him. I haven't heard of any formal fund being set up, though.

This would also be a great show of solidarity. I think the NPA should hire Lear as a negotiating consultant. Then SK can deal with him full-time. On a slightly different note I hear our CP FP has been threatening guys jobs who write up cabin lights, even if they are really out. I also hear our VP of Ops KG has been calling guys personally who call off sick to voice his "concern." I wonder what the FAA would think of these antics? If we vote this TA in by the 21st will we have any political capital left to get our hostages their jobs back??

The NPA cannot be counted upon to go "above and beyond" for Rich. Those dummies actually voted FOR the first one, which reeked even worse than the second. They feel like he made them look stupid (actually, they made themselves look stupid, no assistance required). :mad:

I sent my check directly to Rich this month. If there is a fund set up, that's where mine will go next month, and the next month . . . as long as it takes. Of course, if he is awarded punitive damages, I'll expect a return on my "investment". ;)

TW

Some background, please, for those of us not on property that might have an interest?

If we vote this TA in by the 21st will we have any political capital left to get our hostages their jobs back??

I can't speak for Rich, but I would not settle for a "return to work and back pay" from the Company.

Clearly, he was singled out by the Company, terminated without cause during an NPA election he had announced he was likely running in, and had his name dragged through the mud.

This behavior would not be acceptable at any Fortune 500 company (can you imagine this going on at Citibank or at At&T?) and I don't think that a jury is going to give the Company a pass "because we're an airline".

There will be more wrongful terminations before this is over . . . however, it will just lend credence to Rich's claim, and make the case more attractive to a firm that specializes in class-action claims. When they see the number of pilots fired during the last contract fight, who were suddenly "reinstated" after Contract 2001 was signed, they'll probably start soliciting the pilot group for more participants.

With the current bungling at the NPA, Don and Rich should have an easier time moving outside the RLA and into civil court.

Before this is over, an "industry-leading contract" could look cheap by comparison.

TW

Last edited:
If You Want To Help Out A Fellow Airtran Pilot let Us Not Forget About The Lady That just Got Informed Of Her Cancer. I Do Not Have All The Info. I Am Sure Someone Here Does. remember Lear Can Still Fly And Maybe Make A Somewhat Normal Check The Cancer Girl Cannot

jetdawg....

Thats nice and all, but why dont you start another thread asking for help for her. This is not a he vs. she situation. We are all friends of Rich trying to help out.

Separate issue, Jetdawg.

Why don't you find out her name, instead of "cancer girl" and start a string asking for donations? That way, you can help support both issues.

My check is on its way to both of them . . . . how about yours? You're a rich airline captain, right? ;)

tw

Latest resources

Back