• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 45 or 60?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been approved for WIA funds for a type rating in the Lear, which model should I type in? Was thinking the 45 or 60. I don't know which ones cover which so any help would be greatful before I call and make the choice.

flip a coin...what has more job postings a 60 or 45??? i fly the 60 and i think its okay...i like the hawker more (on a midsize level). can you use those funds on a heavy? where the hell does one get those funds anyway?? WIA?? what is that??

Any company's out there looking for a new typed pilot on the Lear as a FO? I'm going to school in May so if I can line something up I'll get my 8410 on the 60 or 45 which ever works for your company. PM me if you would like talk about this. Thanks.

Any company's out there looking for a new typed pilot on the Lear as a FO? I'm going to school in May so if I can line something up I'll get my 8410 on the 60 or 45 which ever works for your company. PM me if you would like talk about this. Thanks.

Lear 60 hands down. I can tell you this, I have 5-6 friends that fly for Lear 60 companies as a salary full time pilot. A few of them do about $35,000 a year as contract captains in the Lear 60...$600-$700/day is the going rate around here...there's a ton of work all year round as a contract captain on the Lear 60. There is absolutely nothing going on with Lear 40 series. There's only like 3 that I know of in all of south Florida. My friends fly Lear 45 N170LS at Hop-a-jet, flightawre.com it, its been sitting for 56 days straight.
One of the Part 91 guys I fly for is buying another Lear 55 and a Lear 60 in August.

I also got a type-rating with WIA, its a great program.

What companies did you guys work for. Sorry to hear that. Seems like everyone is going. Im sure Ill be next..

Latest resources

Back