Lear 45 contract pilot needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
For what it is worth, I don't believe FSI will give you a 61.58 sign off without it counting as a training "event" ... But what do I know, I just manage an airplane... :rolleyes:
That's exactly right! I've had this discusion before with Jason Svoboda, and it's one of the reason we go to Dallas now.

Last edited:
hey fools, this thread WAS about some chap needing a contract pilot

now it's about how Hawker sucks...I mean, if we're going to digress, lets at least digress about girls making out or something.

h25b said:
For what it is worth, I don't believe FSI will give you a 61.58 sign off without it counting as a training "event"
I agree. The issue here is that some think a Full service training contract limits the contract holder to 2 training events per the term of the contract. It has been my experience that that is not accurate, Initial events excluded. I guess an exception would be if there is no negotiation, but when I used FSI, we were full service and our Marketing Rep NEVER put something like that in front of us to sign.

My HS125 Initial Full Service was in the neighborhood of 25K, and I went to a initial and recurrent (91: HOU and ILG) on the Hawker, then went to a 135 Citation Recurrent(LGB: 293 & 297) all within the active period of that same contract and no additional cost was incurred. That was just the 1st year.

Last edited:
501261 said:
That's exactly right! I've had this discusion before with Jason Svoboda, and it's one of the reason we go to Dallas now.

FSI has pretty much whittled down the full service program with fine print to the point that it only makes sense if you are are multiple type operator. For people like us operating a single type rating, you're better off just paying for what you need at CAE, Simuflite, Bombardier, what-have-you...

HawkerF/O said:
My HS125 Initial Full Service was in the neighborhood of 25K, and I went to a initial and recurrent (91: HOU and ILG) on the Hawker, then went to a 135 Citation Recurrent(LGB: 293 & 297) all within the active period of that same contract and no additional cost was incurred. That was just the 1st year.

The full service agreements that are in use today, as I understand it, are indeed limited to 2 "events" per year. The interpretation of "event" may or may not vary from center to center. However, the case that you mention above I would guess would be legit because you attended 2 full training curriculums inside of the 1 year. The "events" that you attended customarily would include the 293/297 sign-offs (Citation 135 recurrent) & 61.58 sign-off (Hawker 800 recurrent) respectively... And you did so within the first year of the agreement. I think you are both correct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back