Lear 45 contract pilot needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
So I can go do a 293 and 297 in an aircraft I am already typed in and according to you, my Full Service contract would be done at that point thus making me ineligable for the Initial type in another aircraft I have paid to train in?
Possibly yes. However, most operators choose to combine 135.293 and 135.297 into one "training event." Thereby freeing the second "training event" for a second airplane or a later check;) ... nay "training event."
hawkerf/o said:
You might consider FSI. Here is why:
FSI offers Full service contracts that allow you to train as much as you want. In your case, do a LR45 Full Service Initial then work the system a little bit, and here is how you do that.

With a Full service Initial, for 1 year you can do 1 initial in the LR45 and as many recurrents as you want. You can also select a 2nd (less expensive aircraft) to train on as much as you want for no additional cost. Do the following:
Say you pull the trigger and sign up. GO to school at the beginning of the month on the Lr45. Let say April.Get your type (1), and as soon as you can, in the same month, go to C500 (profile says you are typed) recurrent(2). Now you are 61.58 current on both aircraft.

Regardless of what you do in between, return to recurrent in BOTH (3) & (4)aircraft in March of next year. Then you contract expires at the end of that month (March).
Don't you just love how Hawkerf/o can be an "expert" on just about any subject, freely giving "Advise" on any subject he knows jack about!

He's talking about doing 4 "training events" on a One year Full Service Contract. Anybody that's ever dealt with FSI knows that what this "expert" just suggested will either cost a TWO year Full Service agreement or a One year Full Service and two One-times. As I suggested in my first little note about being careful with the fine print, it's in what FSI considers "training events".

Yes, with a Full Service Contract you can go and play in the sim as much as you want to, in two airplanes even, for "proficiency". However, you can only attend two "Training Events" per year. In other words, you can hop in the sim and shoot approaches into Aspen, practice "checkrides" or whatever floats your boat as much as you want. But you can only attend two actual classes, and without attending those actual classes, FSI (under their 142 certificate) is not allowed to generate paperwork showing you are "checked" under either 61.55, 61.58, 135.293, or 135.297. And without the paperwork showing you are "checked", you may as well not have done it.

Here's Paragraph 2(again), 4 and 8 of a Full Service Contract.

"(2) Payment: The customer agrees to pay FSI, as compensation for two (2) training events, as an annual fee for each pilot listed on Appendix A, at the rate specified opposite the Pilot's name. All payments shall be made upon receipt of invoice. Charges paid will not be refunded nor unpaid obligations canceled."

(4) Aircraft Covered: This agreement provides training on a Primary aircraft as well as Recurrent training on a Secondary Aircraft as long as its cost is equal or less than the cost of the Primary aircraft program. If the secondary aircraft is a higher priced then an Upgrade is required (see Upgrades). If initial training is required on the Secondary aircraft, it will be billed at fifty percent (50%) of the current One-Time price for that program.

(8) Upgrades: Pilots listed on Appendix A are required to upgrade to the highest priced program on which they are training, or pay the current One-Time price for that training. A pilot can upgrade to a new higher-priced program at any time during by paying the difference between the two programs. The Effective Date of the new program will remain the same as the origin program.

Again Huff, sorry for the hijack I swear I'm done this time!

Hawker F/O...

He's gotta be a riot to spend a week on the road with!

"meet me in my room after dinner so we can discuss your use of brakes on landing. Be sure to review all your NBAA webmails and bring the answers to the quiz I posted on flightinfo.com with you."

:puke:

Gulfstream 200 said:
Hawker F/O...

He's gotta be a riot to spend a week on the road with!

"meet me in my room after dinner so we can discuss your use of brakes on landing. Be sure to review all your NBAA webmails and bring the answers to the quiz I posted on flightinfo.com with you."

:puke:
And don't even think about listening to taxi instructions until the HawkerF/O is good and ready to get off HIS runway:rolleyes: .

Ohhhh...I got nasty, and now I reside in the Penalty Box for a week due to nasssssty language.

Last edited by a moderator:
HawkerF/O said:

"your mother"...??

ummmm..ok.

I just hope the newbies here dont take any of this dip$hits advice to heart...and rest assured folks, he is the rarity in corp aviation....usually banished to some ratty charter job where the boss yells at him for using the brakes, etc....he -in turn- becomes very bitter and abusive to the guys he flies with....he's "your captain"...you are "my copilot".

luckily, you wont run into too many like this one - sleep well knowing these rare gems are few and far between.

(and thats a good thing!)

"your mother"...are you freakin' KIDDING me???!!!

HawkerF/O said:
quote]You are now doing "Mother" jokes:eek: .

To think I actually wasted my time explaining the nuances of the "Full Service Contract" on an idiot like you:0 .

I guess we just found the new class idiot, ready to give advise with the likes of 350driver and TDturbo!

HawkerF/O

Looks like every seems to feel the same way

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=73185

Deuce130 said:
Well, at least Hawker didn't make crude comments involving oral sex and your mother like he did over on the non-aviation board. Hawker is showing himself to be about as dumb as a box of rocks. I'd recommend ignoring him from this point on.

More intellegent talk from the HawkerF/O
HawkerF/O said:
Deuce130, I expect that from all races. It happens all the time, and we both know that. Now, next time you kiss your mom, let me know how I taste.

Last edited:
You know man, you just coulnd't leave it alone. You are still sitting up here thinking a Full Service contract is a 2 event contract and a 61.58 is a checkride! Come on man, just suck it up to not knowing what you are talking about. You made a mistake and it's ok to admit it. Go ahead, admit it. It ok that you don't know what you think you do, but this is 1 case where you are clearly wrong, contradict your own statements (293 and 297 are 2 seperate events but you can combine them and FSI will only count them as 1, even though FSI considers them to be 2 seperate events), and still wanna pop your mouth off). As soon as you get clarification, I'll be here for that apology that's headed my way.
501261 said:
You are now doing "Mother" jokes:eek: .

To think I actually wasted my time explaining the nuances of the "Full Service Contract" on an idiot like you:0 .

I guess we just found the new class idiot, ready to give advise with the likes of 350driver and TDturbo!

HawkerF/O said:
You know man, you just coulnd't leave it alone. You are still sitting up here thinking a Full Service contract is a 2 event contract and a 61.58 is a checkride! Come on man, just suck it up to not knowing what you are talking about. You made a mistake and it's ok to admit it. Go ahead, admit it. It ok that you don't know what you think you do, but this is 1 case where you are clearly wrong, contradict your own statements (293 and 297 are 2 seperate events but you can combine them and FSI will only count them as 1, even though FSI considers them to be 2 seperate events), and still wanna pop your mouth off). As soon as you get clarification, I'll be here for that apology that's headed my way.

For what it is worth, I don't believe FSI will give you a 61.58 sign off without it counting as a training "event" ... But what do I know, I just manage an airplane... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back