Lear 35 Capt. position available

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capnflyright

A company in the Pacific Northwest is in the process of hiring a lear 35 captain. They need someone already typed (current a plus), willing to relocate and willing to work off of an on-call basis. Pay is set between $35-40K per year, full medical and dental for employee and dependents with monthly premiums paid by the employer. PM me for inquiries.

capnflyright said:
Pay is set between $35-40K per year, full medical and dental for employee and dependents with monthly premiums paid by the employer. PM me for inquiries.

Geez, when I left flying Charter nearly 7 years ago I was making about $50k per year flying a Lear 35... and that was 7 years ago!

Ouch...

35K and work an "on-call" basis.

Whats with all these A$$HOLE companies??

I would love to see the MORON they get to fly this Learjet...

I would love to be that moron if I had the time to meet any 135's insurance minimums.

I guess it's just the market right now.

By the time you DO meet those insurance minimums and ARE qualified as a Learjet PIC---- you will realize how annoying your last statement was.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A Learjet Captain makes much more than 35K/yr.

Last edited:
Citationkid said:
Must be nice to be in a position to be able to say that. There are plenty of people that would like to have that job.

After a while you will realize that taking a job like this isn't worth it just to say "I fly a jet"... Yeah, yeah, yeah... when you have 200 hours you'd give your left nut to fly a jet, but once you have the quals to fly one you'll realize your worth is much higher then what this company is offering...

If idiots keep taking these low ball jobs, then these sleeze-bag companies will keep taking advantage of these idiots...

Moral of the Story: Don't be an Idiot...

Sounds like a stepping stone to another job. I am sure you guys that love to talk smack about low paying jobs didn't just fall into a high paying, fortune 100/500 flight department!

I put this notice on the board for anyone who may be able to benefit from it during these trying times. Those flying the smaller lears have to realize that the airplane isn't a major money maker. $50 K in an area where the aircraft is utilized 50 plus hours a month is justified, but only flying 30 hours per month narrows the pay scale down since the profit margin is lower. $35-40 K per year in the area where this job is based is actually pretty good, not great, but still good.

Falcon Capt said:
After a while you will realize that taking a job like this isn't worth it just to say "I fly a jet"... Yeah, yeah, yeah... when you have 200 hours you'd give your left nut to fly a jet, but once you have the quals to fly one you'll realize your worth is much higher then what this company is offering...

If idiots keep taking these low ball jobs, then these sleeze-bag companies will keep taking advantage of these idiots...

Moral of the Story: Don't be an Idiot...

Yeah, but not every one lives near a huge airport where if you don't like that job you just go and get another one. Where I live there are only 3 companies that have pilots for working for them. When you have no where else to go that 35k looks pretty good.
If you had to pick b/t flight instructing or that what would you pick?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back