Lear 35 Capt. position available

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LEar 35

Now there is a guy in Cali-fricking-fornia with a Lr35 who needs a crew for his start up. Get this: Capt/FO, $35/18 base salary then a per mile amount if the airplane flys. He wants you to bring your clients list to his company; hopes to fly 100 hours per month plus the crew has to handle the administrative and marketing for the airplane. And you have to be typed with current 8410 What the heck is up with these people? Florida, which typically pays the least in the country pays Captains $55-65k and F/Os $36-40.

well kid...

as we all know how varied salaries are from job to job....

from my experience I would say that an Intl qualified G200 PIC makes 95-115K. F/O pay 80-85K.

N2 Air, Boise Idaho

Folks,

This company is called N2 Air out of Boise, Idaho. They do in fact have a LR 35, LR 60 and G III and that is were the facts being presented to you end.

The pilots were promised a 7 on, 7 off schedule. These pilots are working a minimum of 20 days on the road, averaging about 23-24, with the remainder of the days on call. One of the pilots was just scheduled to work the next 25 out of 27 days. Pilots are required to be "with" the aircraft for 14 hours per day reguardless of the trips' scheduled hours.

They are currently manned at 5 pilots (including the chief pilot and DO) for all three birds as one of the pilots just quit today. That makes the second pilot to quit in as many months. This, in itself, is an incredible testimony to the company's poor policies, pilot jobs are hard to find today as we all know; people wouldn't be quiting for no reason.

I understand the company is neck high in red tape. Credit card and fuel cards are being declined as they are topped out. Maintenance bills are in arrears and planes are being held at the maintenance station until a minimum owed is deposited.

Rumor has it that two of the three airplanes are for sale. It makes no sense to hire someone right now but the owner does not want the planes sitting idle until they sell.

A great indicator of how this company is doing is by watching the chief pilot and DO. You can look up other "capnflyright" posts on this web site and find that even he is looking for another job. I understand the DO is retiring in December. All the pilots are looking for other jobs.

The owner of this company was irritated by the fact that he was legally obligated to keep a pilot's job open for him while he was serving the US IN Bagdad. And, the owner was unthankful to him upon his return.

I keep my eye on Boise aviation as I would like to move back, however, I wouldn't move for this job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back