Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kid,

Dont worry about it right now.

Print out your posts and take it with you as you move 2-20 times before possibly settling in at some job later on.

dont let it bother you now.!

KingAirer said:
You hop on your Huffy and ride to the next airport.

Sadly there are almost no corporate aircraft around me. There are only 4 paved strips within one hour of my house and only two of them have aircraft that require a crew. Go up to two hours and you get one large corporate airports, but there are no jobs available there and I've only ever seen two, both were part time.

Looks like He's at it again!!!!!

Geez!!!!
Copied this from NBAA Airmail for all to see. You'd think this guy would get the message after he got flamed for posting that Lear ad a while ago. Can't wait to see the responses to this one.

G-III Captain needed in Idaho. Start-up Part 135 operator utilizing a Lear 35, Lear 60 and a DC G-III. Worldwide operations. Company is still in start-up phase so benefits are a short list. Company paid medical/dental monthly premiums for employee and dependents and salary is $65,000/yr. Pilot needs to be type rated and would prefer current Part 135.293/297. Please e-mail for further info at [email protected].

Edward McConnell <[email protected]>

Flame on my friends!

how does one take a G3 "worldwide"...thats would be painful. Especially painful on 65K a year.

Theres a start-up thats going to get some FINE resumes on the fax machine...

I would guess a typical G3 Captain would make somewhere around $110k per year. FO, probably around $70k.

Avcrew's survey says: CA $85.6k avg, FO $51.4k avg.

-pj

Citationkid,

Here's another angle you need to look at... it's a simple business decision.. I bet you've never inquired about how much a type rating costs these days...

Last I checked, Simuflite and its competitors (F.S., etc.) charge aproximately $15K for an initial Lear type rating... pt 135 ride full service contract.... not to mention the cost you've put in for your basic training up to ATP. You're probably looking at a cost of maybe $50K at least..... only to get a typed Lear captain's position for $35K?????? DO THE MATH.... I don't care if this position is in Podunk, Washington...

JR

pa56pa said:
Citationkid,

Here's another angle you need to look at... it's a simple business decision.. I bet you've never inquired about how much a type rating costs these days...

Last I checked, Simuflite and its competitors (F.S., etc.) charge aproximately $15K for an initial Lear type rating... pt 135 ride full service contract.... not to mention the cost you've put in for your basic training up to ATP. You're probably looking at a cost of maybe $50K at least..... only to get a typed Lear captain's position for $35K?????? DO THE MATH.... I don't care if this position is in Podunk, Washington...

JR

Yeah good point. I guess I was thinking the applicant was already typed. I wasn't really talking about this job only. I was just saying that if some one has no other place to go they may have to take a job like that for that pay.

there is not an International experienced Gulfstream pilot out there who would be a PIC for 65K, unless there was some serious problems and baggage going on there....(17 DWI's and a few balled up jets maybe..)

just WAY out of the ballpark.

a low time F/O looking for Intl experience..sure..a qualified Intl PIC....no freakin way - the business has sunken to THAT level.

yet.

Latest resources

Back