Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 405, seems to me you are just as unhappy with the union as your co-workers were unhappy with management. Well you had your chance to pursuade others before the vote. You also had your chance to vote, and it sounds like your slate didn't make it. Deal with it. You're a union office now. It's time for you to get on board with the union. The cool thing about being a union member is that you now have a chance to affect both sides. You have the collective voice to negotiate things with management. You also have the ability to keep your union from getting to out of hand, because YOU are the union.

You are a union member now, so be a good union member. If you can't be a good union member, then get out. Either get out of the department or get out of the company.

Hey hoover, your going to have to explaine to me this collective voice thing. We have only one person in this office that has a voice in negotiations and he ain't talkin about it.

hoover said:
Hey 405, seems to me you are just as unhappy with the union as your co-workers were unhappy with management. Well you had your chance to pursuade others before the vote. You also had your chance to vote, and it sounds like your slate didn't make it. Deal with it. You're a union office now. It's time for you to get on board with the union. The cool thing about being a union member is that you now have a chance to affect both sides. You have the collective voice to negotiate things with management. You also have the ability to keep your union from getting to out of hand, because YOU are the union.

You are a union member now, so be a good union member. If you can't be a good union member, then get out. Either get out of the department or get out of the company.

Hey hoover, tell me what conditions were like in my office before the union. Now tell me what it's like now. You do not have the slightest hint of a clue what you are babbling about above. Don't lecture me about "getting on board" and "be a good union member" because you don't know what is or was going on IN OUR OFFICE.

hoover said:

You're right, slick. I'm leaving the company.

I have twelve Heineken's in the 'fridge and could care less about this job anymore.

Last edited:
Sucked before sucks now

In fact this company sucked before the vote and sucks now....In my time since being here management has consistantly become more and more hostile to the dispatchers, for the sheer reason of getting revenge for the dispatchers trying to better their position in life through collective bargaining. The dispatchers who thought that the union would fix things instantly were mislead, these things take time.
Also when a contract is ratified it will be clear what management can do and what the dispatchers can do. For example if we had a contract we would not be turned into load controllers in addition to being dispatchers because that function would have not been in the contract. But since right now were managements b*tch they can make us do whatever they want and they do. And there is still room on your desk don't think they won't turn you into a crew scheduler as well. Oh yeah tell everyone how well your computer works and how management is working on fixing the problem.... Oh yeah their not..... just call Tom and ask. Hey how about those crew names that were to be entered into the computer 10 months ago... no wait 8 months ago... no wait 5 months ago.... oh yeah management is very responsive to our requests and things were improving.. are you still typing in names because i know i am.
Oh yeah and the claim things were improving can you give an example... since i have been here my flight benefits have been cut so that i have to pay fifty dollars for every family member on my benefits wether they use them or not, when i started i didn't have to pay, but now i do.... but does management nope theirs is still free. Oh and since management cares so much for us how much has your insurance rates increased since january...
more to continue once i'm not so pissed off about all the lies i believed
EN MORT MAIN

En Mort Main said:
In fact this company sucked before the vote and sucks now....In my time since being here management has consistantly become more and more hostile to the dispatchers, for the sheer reason of getting revenge for the dispatchers trying to better their position in life through collective bargaining. The dispatchers who thought that the union would fix things instantly were mislead, these things take time.
Also when a contract is ratified it will be clear what management can do and what the dispatchers can do. For example if we had a contract we would not be turned into load controllers in addition to being dispatchers because that function would have not been in the contract. But since right now were managements b*tch they can make us do whatever they want and they do. And there is still room on your desk don't think they won't turn you into a crew scheduler as well. Oh yeah tell everyone how well your computer works and how management is working on fixing the problem.... Oh yeah their not..... just call Tom and ask. Hey how about those crew names that were to be entered into the computer 10 months ago... no wait 8 months ago... no wait 5 months ago.... oh yeah management is very responsive to our requests and things were improving.. are you still typing in names because i know i am.
Oh yeah and the claim things were improving can you give an example... since i have been here my flight benefits have been cut so that i have to pay fifty dollars for every family member on my benefits wether they use them or not, when i started i didn't have to pay, but now i do.... but does management nope theirs is still free. Oh and since management cares so much for us how much has your insurance rates increased since january...
EN MORT MAIN

hoover said it best. Leave if you're pissed or contact our union rep. Shut the ******************** up.

Last edited:
En Mort Main said:
Just how long have you been here? Management is going to do whatever they can to make our lives completely miserable. What reason do they have to make us happy? I would hope to God you can understand why they are hostile to the dispatchers at this point. I like the quote "better their position in life through collective bargaining." Collective bargaining involves the entire group, right? Do you know what's going on with our negotiations? I sure don't. What are we negotiating?

En Mort Main said:
Also when a contract is ratified it will be clear what management can do and what the dispatchers can do.

It was pretty clear before this whole thing happened what management and dispatchers could and could not do. It's called an employee handbook. Apparently no one read it. Everything is pretty much laid out there. It wasn't hard to walk into a manager's office before August, sit down and have a talk about something that you thought might be a legitimate problem.

En Mort Main said:
For example if we had a contract we would not be turned into load controllers in addition to being dispatchers because that function would have not been in the contract.

If this CLC thing had come up one year ago, I would bet we could've persuaded them to rethink it by having some good information to back up the argument that we simply don't have time for it. However, now we have our beloved collective bargaining unit, we have no contract yet and we're stuck with it. In other words, we're effed. You guys did it. Thank yourselves for that one.

En Mort Main said:
But since right now were managements b*tch they can make us do whatever they want and they do.

Yep. We don't get pay raises or bonuses either. Again, nice job. You started it.

En Mort Main said:
And there is still room on your desk don't think they won't turn you into a crew scheduler as well.

I don't think so.

En Mort Main said:
Oh yeah tell everyone how well your computer works and how management is working on fixing the problem.... Oh yeah their not..... just call Tom and ask. Hey how about those crew names that were to be entered into the computer 10 months ago... no wait 8 months ago... no wait 5 months ago.... oh yeah management is very responsive to our requests and things were improving.. are you still typing in names because i know i am.

I can tell you from a lot of experience that the computers have been this way for a long time. It's not our company's fault. Do you think the union can do anything about this? If you think they can, I want some of whatever you are smoking. Our parent company has the same problems.

En Mort Main said:
Oh yeah and the claim things were improving can you give an example...

Yep, I can give examples. If you want them, come talk to me. I'll give you an earful on what was going on before August.

En Mort Main said:
since i have been here my flight benefits have been cut so that i have to pay fifty dollars for every family member on my benefits wether they use them or not, when i started i didn't have to pay, but now i do.... but does management nope theirs is still free. Oh and since management cares so much for us how much has your insurance rates increased since january...

You work for an airline who's parent company is in bankruptcy. What do you expect? Management's flight benefits are BS. I agree with you but that is part of being management. That is called a PERK.

Mort, when you find a perfect company to work for please let me know. I want to work there also. Good luck. I doubt you will ever find one.

En Mort Main said:

Who told you the lies?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back