Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Listen first.

2. Do your job

3. Offer your ideas tactfully

4. Then do your job harder.

Row the boat people and it wont sink.

ANGRY DISPATCHER COMIN TO AN OPS NEAR YOU....

I like this guy.

I really like #2 on the list. It's an amazing concept that gets overlooked.

Anger is part of the job.

Last edited:
405 said:
I like this guy.

I really like #2 on the list. It's an amazing concept that gets overlooked.

Anger is part of the job.

when i read the original post, i couldn't believe that it wasn't posted by you.

Got Anger?

fracsdispatcher said:
1. Listen first.

2. Do your job

3. Offer your ideas tactfully

4. Then do your job harder.

Row the boat people and it wont sink.

ANGRY DISPATCHER COMIN TO AN OPS NEAR YOU....

This is a good post. Like I said, #2 is a novel concept. Most people want to do as little as possible, get paid for doing nothing and fly home every weekend. There's some that will go above and beyond but most just skate by. The overall work ethic in the office sucks.

#3 could be enhanced to read "Offer your ideas tactfully. If tact doesn't work, force the issue and don't stop until you get what you want." Maybe that's not what the original poster intended. I am looking at it from my point of view at the company I work for. If you want or need something ask for it. If management says no, keep pressing the issue. This is, of course, if you don't have a bloodsucking, parasite on you like we do now. This option is not available to us anymore.

"Row the boat people and it wont sink." Think about that statement for minute. Half of my coworkers (most of which have left) shot a big hole in the bottom of the boat in August and now everyone's dropping out because working conditions just plain suck. You yes-people were told what they wanted you to hear and not told of the consequences and the length of time that this would take. It's a stagnant place now. It's funny though. You were pissed before August and now you're even more pissed. Why is that? You didn't get a raise on your anniversary of employment?

Well, rant started so I might as well keep going.

I like the people who constantly whine about this city. Yeah, I whine about it too but I can do that because I was born and raised here. You whiners and complainers from other parts of the country and world have the option to leave whenever you want to and I highly encourage this. This isn't the military. If you don't like your current surroundings or enviroment, change it and leave. There are other jobs out there.

Another thing I hear a lot is "I had to do 60 releases today! Boohoo, blah blah, whine, complain! I couldn't even (insert activity here)" Shutup. Do 90 or 100 releases a day for a couple of years. 40-50 releases a day is our average now. 60 releases should be a cake walk for this office and if you can't handle that workload see the last two sentences of the previous paragraph. The ultimate reason we may have to do 15 more releases in a day is because everyone's leaving because we don't get raises or bonuses anymore. What is the reason for this? The big hole shot in the bottom of the boat in August.

Improvements were being made and they all came to a screeching halt with the "yes" vote. Nice job, everyone. Way to look at it from both sides before casting a vote that would ultimately effect everyone in our office.

Last edited:
Believe it

ss9e said:
when i read the original post, i couldn't believe that it wasn't posted by you.

Everyone was lied to. 2004-2005 working conditions were easy compared to 2000-2002 conditions. Now, we have it bad.

Thanks.

A big shot so what !!

Sure the union vote went through but look at it this way. The company have yet to live up with anything they said they were trying to do. Do you still have to input names on each release. Are you treated any better at all. For me the deciding factor was certain letters that came out threatening ( not the DP letter) that like it or don't. Will the U make a difference. depends who lobbying for ya.. Thats the issue I saw before I departed.

I think you could probably lobby for removal after July !!!.

Midnight Brit.
Silence on the Air....

Midnight Brit.
Silence on the Air....[/QUOTE]

Now that sounds like the best idea I have heard regarding this union.

Markm1811 said:
Sure the union vote went through but look at it this way. The company have yet to live up with anything they said they were trying to do.
Do you think management cares now if we're happy or not? We already stated by a majority vote that we thought they were all full of sh*t. It was a whole lot easier to work with them before all of this came along. Why do they have to keep us happy now?

Markm1811 said:
Do you still have to input names on each release. Are you treated any better at all.
Yes, I still have to type each name on the release. No, I am not treated any better. Like I just said, they have no reason to make our job any easier or treat us any better. If you were getting seperated from your spouse, would you really want do anything to help them out? You might want to help them out the door but that's about it.

Did you all think a magic union rep in a tuxedo would walk in the door, wave a magic wand, sprinkle magic dust everywhere and expect everything to be Spring time happy? I bet no one told any of you this was going to take time. From what I've heard most expected everything to be the same as it was until a contract was voted in. They might not have lied to you but they didn't tell the whole story either.

Markm1811 said:
For me the deciding factor was certain letters that came out threatening (not the DP letter) that like it or don't. Will the U make a difference. depends who lobbying for ya.. Thats the issue I saw before I departed.
In my opinion, there was never anything "threatening" at all. What I am trying to figure out is what problems we had before? Someone enlighten me because I'm just not seeing it. The biggest complaint I ever heard was the "computers suck" and that isn't a valid reason to vote a union in. The union could give a piss less about the computers we work with.

Markm1811 said:
I am looking into this now.

No hard feelings, Mark. Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back