• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Layover Stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neighbor told me of a FA that worked for one of the winter charter companys - for 1 day. Seems they have a charter to Cancun, she takes her husband. The charter lands crew goes to the hotel for the overnight. She thinks the crew is staying the full 7 days and takes off with her husband to see the sights. Next day crew is short 1 FA.

Fill in the blanks about when she showed back up in seven days.

The women that JBcrjca hangs out with would give him $5 back.
Hey I'm just happy if a woman will give me the time of day...if I get $5 back, that's just an added bonus!
Speaking of money, scangadah, how much did you have to pay those girls in your avatar to come dance on the Bugs' boat? I've heard that girls on the river are cheap, something like 3 bucks?

Someone mentioned F/As afraid of ghosts...reminds me of a layover at STS, with a fantastic hotel downtown. Since it was also reportedly haunted, most F/As preferred rooms in the annex building across the street. One night the rooms in the annex were all full, and our F/A had to stay in the main building. After returning from the pub where many, many beers had been consumed, the F/A announced that she was too scared to sleep in her own room, and that she would crash on the couch in my room. Of course I said that would be fine. As she made herself comfy on the couch, I said 'don't be silly, sleeping on that couch will wreck your back...you can share the bed with me, and we'll put pillows down the middle'. Hey, I look out for the welfare of my crew! :D She agreed, and the pillows were put into place. It was rather amusing...and that's all I have to say about that. I sure miss STS. Ok scangadah, your turn.

I need a new gig.

I have got to get a flying gig with stews.

Yup....that's short for STEWARDESS......That's the way it was before the PC police had to gender neutralize everything.

In the Railroad days, the job was held by males, and they were called STEWARDS. I am old enough to remember riding in Pullman cars, and I cannot recall ever seeing a female STEWARD. It was a job totally dominated by males. Now days, we have to be sensitive though. In the air, there are male flight attendants now. Most are gay (not that there is anything wrong with that), but couldn't they be called stewards, and females be called stewardess, and collectively, they all be called 'stewardi"?

Latest resources

Back