• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay for training?

...and they say pilots are whores.
:rolleyes: :confused: :D

Wow...I wish I had some good layover stories, but since I don't RON, I guess I'll have to be happy with getting all my fun at home.

If you guys ever post a "what's the most fun you ever had at home?" thread, I'll be glad to kick in a few anecdotes.

Re: Ft. Walton Beach

Stifler's Mom said:
OK, mine won't be as crazy as some will be, but here it is.

We layover at the Radisson in VPS, and out back they have a lazy river. The Capt. and myself went and grabbed a 12-pack for us and our two F/As. We grabbed our inner tubes and began floating in cirles and drinking beer.

You bring your own tubes?:rolleyes:

Overnight in Lancaster, California, at the Rio Mirada. I was on one of the upper floors. Middle of the night. I had a wierd dream that someone was in my room, shaking my bed. I half-way woke up and it really did feel as though the bed was sliding around. I stood up, and in my half-awake state, I could have sworn that my shoulders were staying in one spot, and that my feet were sliding back and forth beyond my shoulders, right and left.

I thought that perhaps it was an earthquake, but then thought that perhaps it was just me, half-awake. I glanced outside, and noted that the palm trees were moving around considerably, and that the water in the pool was splashing about violently as though it were the surface of the ocean with big waves. It had splashed out all around the pool.

I thought, "Ah-ha!" It was a storm that woke me up. Glancing around, however, I couldn't see any other signs of a storm. There hadn't been anything forecast. The sky had been clear before I went to bed.

I always keep my shoes handy by the bed in case I need to exit in a hurry (broken glass and burning carpet is hard on bare feet). I gathered my clothes in my arms, slipped into the shoes, and headed for the door. I went for the nearest exit, which was a set of fire stairs on the outside of the building. Outside on the balcony, I noted that it was quiet. The occasional traffic, a couple of folks standing below having a normal conversation. No wind. No clouds, no storm. Me standing there wearing shoes, holding clothes.

I moved down the fire escape got dressed in the parking lot, and walked around the hotel to the lobby. Two girls were behind the desk. I said, "This probably sounds like a stupid question, but did you ladies just feel the hotel moving around?"

They did. Didn't you see the palm trees snapping around and water flying out of the pool, they asked? Why yes I thought it was a storm. Do you see a storm outside, they asked? Why, no.

It was apparently a fairly strong earthquake. The news said it opened a crack out through the desert that was something like 26 miles long, as I recall. I don't think anybody got hurt.

At any rate, the intersting part was the flight engineer. He was sleeping in the buff, and apparently didn't react well to the motion. He came flying out of his room buck naked, and began bouncing down the hall pounding on doors screaming "earthquake, earthquake!"

The problem for him was, there's nowhere to put your room key when you're running down the hall in a panic, naked. Especially when it's left behind, on the dresser.

i just read; confessions of an airline pilot.

it was pretty excellent

author's a ce 402 FO about 30 years ago and starving. he approaches his hotel room at the end of the day, sees a half eaten salad plate on a cart in front of another roon, grabs it, then takes a shower, tries to return the plate while still naked (so he won't get caught 'stealing'. He gets locked out of his room naked and has two maids open his room while he covers himself with the salad bowl

In reference to the question - was she cute. Yes, she was a beautiful Asian girl. Wonder what ever became of her...:confused:

I was on a layover in Havana and the Captain and a Flight Mechanic were somewhere around town when they got taken into police custody for supposedly soliciting a prostitute. They were brought back to the hotel though but not before the drunken mechanic (vietnam vet) started having some sort of flash backs and while handcuffed in the back of the police car started screaming "you commi bastards!" and tried to kick out the door. And I don't know exactly what they did to him but he was released. The next day the Captain and flight mechanic hooked up with a couple of chics and ended getting $30.00 stolen along with the socks off their feet. Oh yeah, and a watch too. Don't ask me how but that really happened. At the time I was a flight engineer and the co-pilot and I were getting into our own trouble. We hooked up with some hotties that took us to their house. Partied all night long. Next morning the entire family was there to greet us. Mother's, Fathers, Grandparents, about 8 kids. It was like something out of the twilight zone. I don't know. It was the best **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** layover I ever had. It was also the weirdest.

Latest resources

Back