Layover Stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abenaki

OK, most of you have over-nighted from at least a few times to probably half your life......I'd like to hear some of your best layover stories that you've experienced or "heard" about......Clean or not-so-clean as long as it's funny like peeing in the closet because that's where it was in the room LAST night.....

Bring 'em on!

Thanks!

Ft. Walton Beach

OK, mine won't be as crazy as some will be, but here it is.

We layover at the Radisson in VPS, and out back they have a lazy river. The Capt. and myself went and grabbed a 12-pack for us and our two F/As. We grabbed our inner tubes and began floating in cirles and drinking beer.

Up on the 3rd floor balcony right next to the lazy river was a couple having sex. They probably thought we couldn't see them, but they left their hotel room lights on, so their silouettes were clear as a bell to us. We acted like we never saw them up there, but the whole time we were watching and laughing at them.

As one of our F/As said, "This is better than anything on HBO tonight."

We drank beer, floated and got a free peep show.

This comes to me 2nd hand. Bought something from a guy, ebay, and he told me a story about his daughter, a blonde. She worked for SWA as a F/A.

She spent the night in Boston, and when they came out, in the AM, there was snow on the sidewalks. She said, "I used to love to make snow angels when I was a kid" and promptly fell on her back to make a snow angel. 1/2" on snow, on top of concrete. Trip to hospital, concussion, etc.

A typical Frac pilot layover: After a 14 hour day, I hurry up and try to clean the lav, find a darn garbage can for my trash that the bratty kids on board left for me, and hopefully convince the FBO girls to get us hangar space because of the up and coming blizzard that is coming tonight.

Now, we are in the FBO and we just post-flighted with dispatch to tell us we have less than 10 hours of rest tonight followed by another 14 hour day (and to call back in 15 minutes because "we don't have your hotels yet for you!" Now the fbo is telling us their is no transportation for us to go to the hotel, and the Holiday inn van will take about 45 minutes to get here.

We finally get to the hotel, and ask to use their microwave for our crew meals and they say no. "We are not responsible for radiation illness!" OK. Is the restaraunt open? No. It JUST closed.

Am I exagerrating here a little? Perhaps. But this scenario happens atleast twice a week!! I guess my point was is that there are no "layovers" for frac pilots. There is just no time!

We had an FA years ago that was turning tricks in LAS on her overnights. Guess it was a good way to supplement her income! :D

That might have lead to some awkward situations during boarding! I wonder if one of her johns was ever a passenger?

New2Flying said:
We had an FA years ago that was turning tricks in LAS on her overnights. Guess it was a good way to supplement her income! :D

From what I understand, she was soliciting passengers off the plane. Not sure how she got caught, but when management found out, they fired her.

Latest resources

Back