• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest USAPAwatch.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still am confused why binding arbitration is not binding. You guys will be arguing about this until you or the airline go into the grave.

Oh, it's binding all right. As a matter of fact USAPA recently lost a DFR lawsuit and is currently operating under a federal injunction requiring them to negotiate in good faith a new working agreement for all pilots using the NIC list . Not bad for an alleged "union" that's been around for just over 2 years , eh ? :rolleyes: Of course in all their infinite wisdom the brain trust at "goon central " have appealed the lower court ruling ,which I guess you can say is their right ,and right now we are currently awaiting the out come. But one thing you can count on. When it's all said and done, the list will be the list for the combined airline going forward. Count on it.

The ironic thing in all this? It was the easties that first requested binding arbitration back in 2006 when we we trying to craft a new seniority list together on our own. Of course our side, not wanting to give up control of the process to a third party tried to talk them out of it,to no avail. And here we are; 4 years later, with the easties complaining to any and all about the outcome to a process that they requested in the first place.

.....un-frickin' believable,eh? :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Crimi is not a scab! Leave it alone. East pilots created USAPA to restore honor and integrity to the pilot union- something lacking with ALPA. Remember where Prater came from!

Nic;
Back away from the Kool-Aid punch bowl. Take a deep fresh breath of air. The ninth will rule soon, and there will likely be more wailing and gnashing of teeth. Crimi acted contrary to his MEC's instructions. He has been outed for EXACTLY what he is. He needs to withdraw from the EVP and step down from his present position. PERIOD.

Regards.

What a mess USAir is, both sides are to blame.
Our favorite USAPA apologist from United weighs in yet again.

I guess you have a point. The AWA pilots are indeed to blame. We could've ended the dispute by just giving-in to the East extortion. Reminds of what Bobby Knight said back in the '90s about rape victims needing to just relax and enjoy it.

Sometimes you do what you have to do and sometimes you have to do what's right. The hard part is understanding the distinction. Something for you to work on, eaglesview. Enjoy your merger.

What because I don't agree with you? Look at my post, it took no sides and went right down the middle. Tough keyboard guy.

Latest resources

Back