• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors for jetblue???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...is that why bluebooks took forever the other day.

I think I'll start my online JBU stuff

Just got the call today, 12 Sep class. Finally.....(interviewed 8 June). Good luck to those still waiting.

Just got the call today, 12 Sep class. Finally.....(interviewed 8 June). Good luck to those still waiting.

What aircraft type are they offering for the Sept class?

Interesting that LGB would be super senior for QOL. I understand that it would be an easier commute for West Coasters (that's intuitive), but I took a look at some of the bid packs for LGB and I was suprised by the number of day-rests and rough transcon flights JB offers pilots out of that base. I would think flying out of JFK and FLL would be a bit easier on the arse with more North-South trips vs. transcon most of the time. If you live in LA or in the immediate area I can understand why you would want that base, but the types of trips flown (and quality of rest periods in between) seems vastly different from those out of the other bases... Maybe that will change - I would hate to do frequent day-rests (i.e., fly from LGB to JFK on the redeye, rest during the day at a hotel and then fly from JFK to OAK that same night and then back the following day, etc.). That would get old real quick. I'm afraid I would fall asleep in that comfortable Airbus cockpit with that type of schedule.

June 8th..just got the call

Just got the call but had to turn it down for a better offer. Hopefully, someone else gets to enjoy that spot!

Actually wheni did my blue books download it had a whole sections for a330 performance and runway calculations in the A330 tig file. The inside rumor is that we have been solicited by numerous international carriers and have been working on a global alliance for over a year now.

Also Our CEO owns 13% of vueling so spain here we come !!!!!

What aircraft type are they offering for the Sept class?

Interesting that LGB would be super senior for QOL. I understand that it would be an easier commute for West Coasters (that's intuitive), but I took a look at some of the bid packs for LGB and I was suprised by the number of day-rests and rough transcon flights JB offers pilots out of that base. I would think flying out of JFK and FLL would be a bit easier on the arse with more North-South trips vs. transcon most of the time. If you live in LA or in the immediate area I can understand why you would want that base, but the types of trips flown (and quality of rest periods in between) seems vastly different from those out of the other bases... Maybe that will change - I would hate to do frequent day-rests (i.e., fly from LGB to JFK on the redeye, rest during the day at a hotel and then fly from JFK to OAK that same night and then back the following day, etc.). That would get old real quick. I'm afraid I would fall asleep in that comfortable Airbus cockpit with that type of schedule.

LGB is a tiny base compared to JFK, and it is very much a "coverage" base, as well as a QOL base. With it being slot limited the way it is, that's not likely to change anytime soon. The only natural flying available there (with few exceptions) involve a million legs a day to OAK, SLC, SMF and LAS, and transcons, many of which are red eyes.

Of course, the 320 has lots of redeyes in JFK too. We are not strictly an AM/PM two shift airline and likely never will be. A huge part of our business model involves sending planes that otherwise would have RON'd to another coast or the Carribean. That will always mean red eyes, odd hours and day sleeps.

There are still some "gentlemen's trips" out there, and some of them are quite productive. But most are out of JFK and naturally it takes seniority to hold them.

What are some of the things checked during phase 2? I understand the obvious like checking to see if I was in prison, etc. Do they check credit? Oh $hit!

Seriously though- I'm going to attend the open house & if I don't blow it, hopefully will get an interview.. If I don't blow that-- will eventually be in "Phase 2".

I had a 'wet' reckless driving (lesser offense than DUI) conviction 11 yrs ago which is in the final stages of expungement. I'm interested in getting the same background check done on myself (paid for by myself) as that done by JBlue BEFORE they do one.. just to be sure it doesn't show up. Anyone know who they use for the background checks?? (if not done in-house)

Thanks in advance..

I would recommend reading all the application info throughly and self-disclosing the incident if in doubt.

If the application said to list that type of offense from eleven years ago... then I hope you did.

If the application specifically said to not list that timeframe/type of incident... you shouldn't worry about it.

I was in USAirways initial with a guy with a fairly recent DUI...

Better to admit any offense, take responsibility.. say you used bad judgement that one time... you learned your lesson and it is in fact ancient history....

the other option is to appear to falsify, omit or coverup an offense.

Some of these background checks go further than you know.

Latest resources

Back