• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't generalizing about all skyway pilots that we hired. I am saying that there is a group of them that should not be here. That is the problem with hiring from your regional. You learn to loath the mainline carrier and its policy's from day one.

I can't believe that you would generalize about Skyway people like that. WONDERFUL attitude, you must be a joy to fly with. I am assuming you must be part of the old "regime" to make comments like that. I don't agree with everything mentioned above, I will do whatever it takes including sitting in a j/s(within reason) to help the company survive, but you are the type of person the company loves. Create division within. I will be happy to vote for a charge to help our fellow brothers and sisters. Let us not all forget, times are different. No retirees for five years, "shrinkage", oil, competition, mergers. If you think that we are not all in this together, you are sorely mistaken. Take a good look, if we don't survive, I am sure that you will be looking for help from alpa or whoever to find a job asap. Kids, colleges, divorces, toys, age, we all have our crosses to bear and our bills to pay. I am sure you as well, so do unto others as you would have done unto you. I will reiterate, I don't agree with the comments to the negative on the other side either. Let's let this all play out first. How many furloughs and downgrades shake out. It could be worse, much much worse and oil hitting 118.00/bbl is not helping any of us. Fly safe, stay unified and may GOD bless us all. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround.

Do you believe any of the crap you just posted?

That is uncalled for.

Not really. I figure almost half of those hired are complete d-bags. Some couldn't tell the difference between a level 5 and Detroit, some couldn't land the plane without closing their eyes, some just had to take off their shoes to clean the tubes, some acted so strange you wondered how they would do in an emergency, some were more negative about Midwest than me, yet still got hired. Absolute failures. They got hired. Someone mentioned division, it starts with the incompetent ones. There are many from Skyway that fit the bill.

Not to mention that the only pilots that Midwest had FAIL out of the training program since 1985 were all from Skyway... Maybe instead of talking on the cell with there feet up on the desk in training, they should have taken a few notes. There are some really cool guys that came from Skyway that are good friends of mine, but like propsync said, there are alot of d-bags. They know who they are.

Jeez... I was just drunk. And am again, by the way.

You're right thought. I might just feel entitled to something after 10 years at "Midwest Air Group", but at least I don't feel superior to everyone else.

former skyway-xers thought you'd like to know......

To: All Skyway and Midwest Airlines Employees
Date: April 21, 2008
Subject: David Reeve

It is with mixed emotions that I share the news that David Reeve has announced his intention to retire. His last day with us will be June 6, which is also his 63rd birthday.

David holds the distinction of having worked for both Skyway Airlines and Midwest Airlines -- several times each -- during his 11 years here. He joined us as president and chief executive officer of Astral Aviation (now Skyway Airlines) in 1997. In 1998, he was appointed senior vice president of operations for Midwest Express (now Midwest Airlines). In 2006, he took on responsibility for both positions. And finally, this past February, he returned to his original role at Skyway. David's contributions over the years have been significant. He is truly the consummate role model, whose devotion to the highest standards of professionalism and customer service have provided a strong foundation for our efforts to provide "The best care in the air."

David's 45-year career in commercial aviation has been nothing less than distinctive. Born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska, he joined his family's business, Reeve Aleutian Airways, as a teenager and hasn't looked back since. He has worked with six air carriers and told me he feels fortunate to end his career here. Specifically, he says the wonderful people he has worked with and their commitment to our core values have made the good times great and the tough times bearable.

Post-retirement plans include spending more time with his wife, Laurie. They plan to head back to the Pacific Northwest, likely the Puget Sound (Seattle) area, where their two daughters, granddaughter, and son-in-law live. They also plan to take to the skies in the bright yellow and white Republic Seabee amphibious aircraft he and Laurie refurbished several years ago.

We're planning a retirement/birthday reception and Jeans Day in David's honor and will share the details with you closer to the actual date.

I am pleased to announce that, effective June 7, Leo Malloy will be appointed president of and assume overall responsibility for Skyway. Going forward, Skyway will provide a variety of airport services for Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect, as well as other companies. Leo has done a great job as Skyway's vice president of Customer Service and we look forward to benefiting from the expertise he brings to his new position. He will report to Joe Kolshak.

Please join me in thanking David for his many contributions and wishing him well in retirement, and congratulating Leo on his upcoming assignment.

Dear Tim,

Thank you for sharing David's news.

I, too, have mixed emotions about his decision. I cannot decide whether to dance around the apartment singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead" or "One Down, One to Go."

Love always, ;)
deadstick
Skyway'd Ex-Skyway Pilot

Dear Tim,

Thank you for sharing David's news.

I, too, have mixed emotions about his decision. I cannot decide whether to dance around the apartment singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead" or "One Down, One to Go."

Love always, ;)
deadstick
Skyway'd Ex-Skyway Pilot

:D, why don't you dance and sing both :)

Latest resources

Back