• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if you're asked to sit in a jumpseat then its obvious that the flight is full... right. So what you're saying is that sitting in coach in a middle seat with the person in front of you reclining their seat into your lap is more comfortable then a jumpseat??? Thats about the $hita$$ craziest thing I have ever heard. God I hope you don't work at Midwest... no offense.

PCL 128 is an Airtran guy, good, keep him there

So if you're asked to sit in a jumpseat then its obvious that the flight is full... right. So what you're saying is that sitting in coach in a middle seat with the person in front of you reclining their seat into your lap is more comfortable then a jumpseat??? Thats about the $hita$$ craziest thing I have ever heard. God I hope you don't work at Midwest... no offense.

Our contract requires the company to reserve us an aisle or window seat for deadheads. The only time we can get stuck with a middle seat is if it was a last-minute deadhead, which is usually only something the reserve guys have to deal with. But in most cases, I consider a middle seat to be better than an FA jumpseat, anyway. The cockpit jumpseat isn't too bad, though.

FWIW, I have seen the AD that requires the Barbie Jet to carry a ton (actually 2-3) of extra fuel if alternates are needed. Also there is a 6000 lb difference between takeoff and landing weights. I'd bet that the good ol' CRJ can't carry a full load of pax and bag to MSN or GRB if alternates are required. It's no so far fetched to see that they are weight restricted. Thank goodness DR and TH got rid of those nasty 328s and 1900s.
The way the CRJ-200 Flaps AD is written allows for ALOT of wiggle room in the interpretation of said AD. I have had to plan a flight with the required 3.2x alternate fuel a grand total of one time
since that airworthiness directive was issued...at the captain's request. It is essentially a non-issue.

The flaps AD is kinda like 3585...I've yet to meet a pilot from any company that fully understands it...so, uh, on behalf of dispatchers everywhere...you're welcome. :D

As far as DHers taking the F/A jumpseat to get an offline guy in the cockpit...much thanks to Midwest and Southwest who have done this for me once apiece to get me back towards the west in my travels back to work when my original plans fell through...it has not been forgotten. My mother flew Midwest last time she bought a ticket because I recommended them after how nicely I've been treated by YX crews. I know that's not much...but, hey, it's one revenue pax you wouldn't have had otherwise...and she's sold on Midwest now.

Had the chance to talk to a few YX guys this past week while wandering MKE waiting for my annual observation flights...not sure there is a nicer group of people anywhere. I wish nothing but great things for you guys and gals up there...

Last edited:
You're welcome and thank you for the kind words regarding us.

Every major LCC out there has great groups of people. I've had great j/s experiences on both LUV and AAI. Even seen some things that I personally would like to see over here, like AAI's simple ticket printer (a roll of paper) not some fancy ticket stock which i'm sure costs a small fortune.

Last edited:
I am sure they would happily fly 88 seat 900's if TH called upon them to do so.

That's a big reason you all are sitting ducks in all of this. My guess it would be Mesaba or Pinnacle, though, and not Skywest. Too much RJ (and mainline) capacity coupled with a fleet of mis-configured 717's makes you all look replaceable.

CL, we have differed in opinion since day 1, nevertheless, good luck to you in these times.

That's a big reason you all are sitting ducks in all of this. My guess it would be Mesaba or Pinnacle, though, and not Skywest. Too much RJ (and mainline) capacity coupled with a fleet of mis-configured 717's makes you all look replaceable.

CL, we have differed in opinion since day 1, nevertheless, good luck to you in these times.

Propsync, its totally understandable your frustration with Midwest, good luck to you at Airtran, I hope everyone from Skyway moved to bigger and better things.

Latest resources

Back