• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Timmayyy here's an idea. There are airplanes out there (ATA 737-8's and Skybus A319's). Let's replace the MD80's and grow. Make Milwaukee the cultural center of the world and we can be it's hometown airline!

What?!?! Oh yeah, shrink to profitability (more like shrink to management's ability).
i highly doubt our management is willing to foot the bill for lease payments on a b738 and a319 which are in the neighborhood of 430,000 to 390,000 respectively. (that would mean better utilization of a/c in order to cover payments and make a profit than what we're currently doing.)

i do remember reading somewhere that qantas link parked 13 b712's. thats always a possiblity if the brain factory was actually thinking.

Last edited:
i highly doubt our management is willing to foot the bill for lease payments on a b738 and a319 which are in the neighborhood of 430,000 to 390,000 respectively. (that would mean better utilization of a/c in order to cover payments and make a profit than what we're currently doing.)

i do remember reading somewhere that qantas link parked 13 b712's. thats always a possiblity if the brain factory was actually thinking.

the saying goes.....

you have to spend money to make money.

seems to me that TH doesn't want to put his money where his mouth is regarding our award winning product. shrinking an airline with labor costs continuing to go up is BAD business. GROWTH would DECREASE labor costs, but i digress. this is business 101, but TH kept the company out of bankruptcy [kool aid on]so he must be doing something right[/kool aid off].

Suit yourself. It'd be a cold day in hell before I sat in an FA jumpseat while on company business, though.

I don't like it, but we need all the paying pax we can get at MEH. At least you can avoid sitting next to some 350 pound freak that hasn't bathed in a week.

I think 4 of the 71s from Qantas Link were sold to a corprate operater for 10 mill a copy.

Suit yourself. It'd be a cold day in hell before I sat in an FA jumpseat while on company business, though.

So if you had a buddy who was returning home with his wife, you wouldn't take a FA jumpseat to get her on?

For the record, every time I was asked to ride in a FA jumpseat, it was to get an off line Crewmember in the cockpit, or a non rev on. I have no problem with that.

I have been denied the j/s on skywest from CLT-MKE for "balance" purposes even though we were still 3000# from max t/o wt. Then the bastards had the nerve to add 1000# of ballast to an relatively empty baggage (the CA said they only had 600# in there) area to bring them in balance. I guess the 1yr wonder didn't think of adding more ballast to get a fellow crewmember home. The AirWhiskey guy who was there and didn't get on said he HATED j/s on SkyWest for this very reason as he could never remember having problems on AirWhiskey's 200's. I am glad I haven't commuted since 2004 as I do not miss crossing the fingers on every other leg home.

I have flown the 200 at Air Whiskey for over 3 years. During that time frame I had one idiot captain who wouldn't take a JS because of wt and balance. The other 199 times everyone made it on. Its the inexperienced idiots that actually think that 200lbs in the jumpseat is going to bring a 53,000lb airplane out of the sky.

side note, whats with the Mormon Polygamist Unibrow chick on Larry king right now. How can she not notice that. I hate to think of what her legs look like.

So if you had a buddy who was returning home with his wife, you wouldn't take a FA jumpseat to get her on?

For the record, every time I was asked to ride in a FA jumpseat, it was to get an off line Crewmember in the cockpit, or a non rev on. I have no problem with that.

I've got no problem with helping out nonrevs. I won't take a jumpseat to allow a paying passenger a seat while I sit on an FA jumpseat while on company business, however. The loss of that passenger revenue is simply a cost of doing business to the company.

Funny you mention that, a lot of the times i gave my dead heading seat it was to get an off line jumpseaters, and as you said, I will be happy to do it anytime, thats just the way Midwest pilots are.

I've got no problem with helping out nonrevs. I won't take a jumpseat to allow a paying passenger a seat while I sit on an FA jumpseat while on company business, however. The loss of that passenger revenue is simply a cost of doing business to the company.

So if you're asked to sit in a jumpseat then its obvious that the flight is full... right. So what you're saying is that sitting in coach in a middle seat with the person in front of you reclining their seat into your lap is more comfortable then a jumpseat??? Thats about the $hita$$ craziest thing I have ever heard. God I hope you don't work at Midwest... no offense.

I don't like it, but we need all the paying pax we can get at MEH. At least you can avoid sitting next to some 350 pound freak that hasn't bathed in a week.

lol, I hear you about the 350 pound freak, :) I wonder if they will fit in the new 3X2 seatings.

Yes, I think most of us with the exception of few will be more than happy to do it, one less pissed off passenger at Midwest.

Latest resources

Back