• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
isn't MCI a skywest domicile or is it a mx base?

Even if it's a domicile (I'm not sure), that still doesn't preclude deadheading. At Pinnacle, we used to deadhead on mainline NWA all the time between hubs and sometimes from outstations to the hub.

I am sure they would happily fly 88 seat 900's if TH called upon them to do so. If it's one thing PCL_128 and I agree on, get rid of regional jets period. I would love to see the proposed APA scope language be put into our contract.

You better watch out. TH probably stalks FI for all of his great business ideas! :rolleyes:

As for "regional" flying, that is one thing I loved about the Beech at Skyway. It was true regional flying. Now the "Replacement Jets" label seems more appropriate.

You better watch out. TH probably stalks FI for all of his great business ideas! :rolleyes:

As for "regional" flying, that is one thing I loved about the Beech at Skyway. It was true regional flying. Now the "Replacement Jets" label seems more appropriate.

The MKE-BDL, IAD, BWI, EWR, PHL flying on the 328 wasn't so "regional." But you are correct, 90% of it was truly regional and a lot of fun.

Hey Timmayyy here's an idea. There are airplanes out there (ATA 737-8's and Skybus A319's). Let's replace the MD80's and grow. Make Milwaukee the cultural center of the world and we can be it's hometown airline!

What?!?! Oh yeah, shrink to profitability (more like shrink to management's ability).

Moving deadheading crewmembers around is a cost of doing business. They should receive a comfortable seat.

I used to have the same thinking when I was at Piedmont about deadheading... But, at Midwest we have to look at it differently. If you are deadheading, you are ON DUTY!!! This is not nappy time... If the company asks you to occupy a jumpseat to free up an available revenue seat you had better pony up. We are too small of an airline to be harda$$'s. Every pax we fly is important when all we have is our reputation keeping our passengers faithful to Midwest. Our company will not force us to use a jumpseat, they don't have to, we will do it on our own... 8

what was his/her problem with the % merger assessment?

His problem is that he couldn't vote on the merger assessment because he was flying and he would have voted against the % only, he thinks it was totally unfair and he asked me about the % of Capt vs FO present at the meeting, I told him I have no idea but it passed 50 to 7.

When we talked about the furlough help my blood pressure was getting way too high from what I am hearing, long story short, he will vote against the furlough assessment if its out for a member vote, so here is a capt who makes $155 an hour refusing to help, just a typical A$$Ho$$.

The MKE-BDL, IAD, BWI, EWR, PHL flying on the 328 wasn't so "regional." But you are correct, 90% of it was truly regional and a lot of fun.

BEEEEECCHHH...:D MBL, MSN, RHI, IWD -- Good stuff, Maynard!

Yea, that East Coast stuff...I dunno. Anytime you have to make a fuel stop coming back west you have issues. FWIW, Airtran fills a 737 early on a Sunday morning going from BWI to MKE (and then to Vegas). If they can fill that, why only a 32 (or 50) seater at 10:30a? Too bad YX doesn't have a Vegas flight these people can get on. Hold it...;)

I used to have the same thinking when I was at Piedmont about deadheading... But, at Midwest we have to look at it differently. If you are deadheading, you are ON DUTY!!! This is not nappy time... If the company asks you to occupy a jumpseat to free up an available revenue seat you had better pony up. We are too small of an airline to be harda$$'s. Every pax we fly is important when all we have is our reputation keeping our passengers faithful to Midwest. Our company will not force us to use a jumpseat, they don't have to, we will do it on our own... 8

Suit yourself. It'd be a cold day in hell before I sat in an FA jumpseat while on company business, though.

His problem is that he couldn't vote on the merger assessment because he was flying and he would have voted against the % only, he thinks it was totally unfair and he asked me about the % of Capt vs FO present at the meeting, I told him I have no idea but it passed 50 to 7.

When we talked about the furlough help my blood pressure was getting way too high from what I am hearing, long story short, he will vote against the furlough assessment if its out for a member vote, so here is a capt who makes $155 an hour refusing to help, just a typical A$$Ho$$.

Did you tell him he could have proxied? Apathy on his part IS the problem. I guess we'll see him on 5/12.

I am sure he will pick up OT too after 5/15.

BEEEEECCHHH...:D MBL, MSN, RHI, IWD -- Good stuff, Maynard!

Yea, that East Coast stuff...I dunno. Anytime you have to make a fuel stop coming back west you have issues. FWIW, Airtran fills a 737 early on a Sunday morning going from BWI to MKE (and then to Vegas). If they can fill that, why only a 32 (or 50) seater at 10:30a? Too bad YX doesn't have a Vegas flight these people can get on. Hold it...;)

That requires vision. In their defense, Vegas is a low yield market.

Latest resources

Back