• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Hawaiian?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about the window. There's no open vacancy bids for now, but I'm sure there will be one later this year to cover the planes arriving in 2013, along with the upcoming retirements.

As far as Farkus goes, he's embarassed this entire pilot group with his antics. Too many good people have been shown the door because they picked the wrong hat or stuffed animal. That's not to say that the people we have hired are bad, but too many good ones weren't given a chance to even prove themselves. It's a shame, really. And mostly, it's a shame that so much control of the hiring has been taken over by the HR department, with the flight department left without a voice.

HAL

I'm one of those guys who interviewed 4 times since 2008 and still didn't get hired. I'm a local boys, with many relatives working for Hawaiian, many letters of recommendations from Hawaiian captains I've flown with, and 6 years of part 121 experience turboprop and jet. I've made many visits to the chief pilot's office, to show him that I really want the job, yet he keeps telling me that the pool of candidates is very competitive. Yet, year after year, I see Hawaiian hiring a lot guys with no part 121 experience, no Turbine PIC...that's just plain BS! Many people told me "at least you got an interview at Hawaiian" but is get gets old and just like Hal said, I feel the whole hiring process has turned away and alienated many good candidates.

I'm one of those guys who interviewed 4 times since 2008 and still didn't get hired. I'm a local boys, with many relatives working for Hawaiian, many letters of recommendations from Hawaiian captains I've flown with, and 6 years of part 121 experience turboprop and jet. I've made many visits to the chief pilot's office, to show him that I really want the job, yet he keeps telling me that the pool of candidates is very competitive. Yet, year after year, I see Hawaiian hiring a lot guys with no part 121 experience, no Turbine PIC...that's just plain BS! Many people told me "at least you got an interview at Hawaiian" but is get gets old and just like Hal said, I feel the whole hiring process has turned away and alienated many good candidates.

My Brada, diligence pays off. If your background is clean and you havent burned any bridges, the the job is yours. Without knowing you, I assume something or someone in the past has tarnished your reputation. I could be wrong and if so, then maybe Hawaiian is not a "cool" place to be.

Good Luck, all will be great. Mahalo.

CYA

My Brada, diligence pays off. If your background is clean and you havent burned any bridges, the the job is yours. Without knowing you, I assume something or someone in the past has tarnished your reputation. I could be wrong and if so, then maybe Hawaiian is not a "cool" place to be.

Good Luck, all will be great. Mahalo.

CYA

AnimalTale,

jmt is a true professional, sharp, and knowledgable in all areas, and is one of the "good ones" that got away due to what Hawaiian has done to the hiring process.

Tarnished reputation? Incorrect statement on your part.

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

I got an email from HR saying that they were going to put together one more class for May. After that, those of us that have gone through Phase 1 and 2 will be dumped along with the other people that have applied. After that, we will all have to re-apply at the next opening.

Don't know about the window. There's no open vacancy bids for now, but I'm sure there will be one later this year to cover the planes arriving in 2013, along with the upcoming retirements.

As far as Farkus goes, he's embarassed this entire pilot group with his antics. Too many good people have been shown the door because they picked the wrong hat or stuffed animal. That's not to say that the people we have hired are bad, but too many good ones weren't given a chance to even prove themselves. It's a shame, really. And mostly, it's a shame that so much control of the hiring has been taken over by the HR department, with the flight department left without a voice.

HAL

HAL,

Again, you are exactly correct. Many "good ones" have chosen not to re-apply, or even accept interviews anymore, as what has happened with the interview process. Sad.

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

I got an email from HR saying that they were going to put together one more class for May. After that, those of us that have gone through Phase 1 and 2 will be dumped along with the other people that have applied. After that, we will all have to re-apply at the next opening.

HALs point exactly, any questions?

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

And mostly, it's a shame that so much control of the hiring has been taken over by the HR department, with the flight department left without a voice.

HAL

That is becoming true at a lot of places! HR seems to be taking over, it's the attorneys that are starting to run the place!

Latest resources

Back