Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASARJMan said:
Profit sharing! The way the ramp is being managed none of the non-union employees will get any of it!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Well, regardless of how bad the ramp is, we are still posting a profit, which should mean profit sharing checks. But the company has not even raised that topic in negotiations.

ASADriver said:
The last offer, or the Skywest SAPA proposal are not substandard. They are both better than many other regionals. What is your standard?

First of all, the "last offer" was not an offer. It would only have been an offer if they proposed it, on paper, in the presence of the NMB. It was a verbal "what if" that our MEC challenged them to put on paper... which they never did.

Second, the SAPA offer is WAY better than anything we have been offered so far, either on paper or verbally. That from John Rice, CNC Chairman... if you had bothered to attend the LEC meeting. Since you weren't there to hear the answers to your questions, maybe you need to STFU.

ASARJMan said:
Not sure, but isn't the SKYW proposal from the association to the company? Doesn't say anything about being an offer from management. Any SKYW pilot care to comment on this?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

That is what I thought as well.

John Pennekamp said:
Second, the SAPA offer is WAY better than anything we have been offered so far, either on paper or verbally. That from John Rice, CNC Chairman... if you had bothered to attend the LEC meeting. Since you weren't there to hear the answers to your questions, maybe you need to STFU.

Yes but the SAPA offer was from the Pilots to Management, at least that is the way I understood it.

jehtplane said:
Yes but the SAPA offer was from the Pilots to Management, at least that is the way I understood it.

Correct... but management controls SAPA. Do you really believe SAPA came up with a proposal that would potentially embarass management on their own? Management tells them what to ask for. Management screwed up because they actually believed it wouldn't get out to the ASA pilots until it was official.

ASARJMan said:
Not sure, but isn't the SKYW proposal from the association to the company? Doesn't say anything about being an offer from management. Any SKYW pilot care to comment on this?

Profit sharing! The way the ramp is being managed none of the non-union employees will get any of it!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I think the proposal to management is a little lofty but possible, and the profit sharing bonus I got today for a little over 2 grand was sweet.

atrdriver said:
In other words, at a profit number of 45 million per quarter, Skywests investment will be fully paid for in 2 1/2 years.

ASA isn't generating 45 million per quarter, and the "investment" can be realized with or without ASA pilots. We are not the "investment".

atrdriver said:
In defence of LJ, while I certainly don't agree with where she and Joe are going now, the best times this pilot group ever had was when DW was VP of flight ops, and she and CS were CPs.

Just "where are we going now". We have been critical of our strategy for quite some time now, and it is playing out as we said it would. I don't like it anymore than you do, but if you don't have scope, you don't have leverage. We don't have scope, and we don't have leverage. Sometimes the truth hurts....

Sinca3 said:
Yes they are....this is something the line pilots seem to keep forgetting. I am about the most impatient person around and it is driving me crazy not having a contract after 4 years of negotiations. I trust that the union has my best intrest in mind and there are NO egos in play now. The new MEC is more open and willing to work with the company, but the company hasn't changed their tune!

Sinca, this quote interested me. Are you referring to our former MEC Chairman? I have heard this from several ALPA people recently. Was there a problem with our former MEC Chairman?

atrdriver said:
They are having informal meetings because the company requested them, and ALPA would like to get this contract done. They are not willing to sign a crappy deal to get it done though, and I applaud them for that. Time is working against the company, not us.

No, time is working against us. Skywest doesn't need the ASA pilots, and it can pursue it's goals with or without us.

Latest resources

Back