Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
The company is obviously under some amount of pressure to get us a contract. They are wanting to bid on other flying, etc, and that is hard to do when you don't fully know what your costs are. I would imagine that JA is also putting pressure on BL to get this done. While we don't like it, we can go on working under our current PWA without much problem, which makes a lot more sense than agreeing to a substandard agreement just to "get it done."

They can bid with the Skywest side of the house. What prevents them from bidding with Skywest rather than ASA? Will you be surprised when Skywest opens up an ATL domicile?

HoserASA said:
So, call me names all you want but I honestly was not informed of this so-called unofficial supposal. Please question the Neg Comm Chair tomorrow if you attend the meeting. P2Ps don't always get all the info out there, which has been a sore spot with me for the 9+ years I've been on the P2P Comm.

Hoser
P2P

Why weren't you? Why isn't this information put out to the pilots. Seems like we are being kept in the dark.

HoserASA said:
Just so you understand, you are not paying me anything to be a volunteer. I don't receive anything, no pay, additional time off, nothin, whatever, as a volunteer. And I am not lying to anyone. Read the previous response to ohplease. I would suggest if you can attend, show for tomorrow's LEC meeting and ask your questions there. The MEC will be there, the Neg Comm Chair (JohnRice) will be there, and the negotiating members you say told you all this will be too so you can confirm with them what they actually said to you, all face to face.

Hoser
P2P

I believe the union is lying to us. You are just passing on those lies. In this case, even you were kept in the dark about the offer. Something is wrong with that.

ASADriver said:
I believe the union is lying to us. You are just passing on those lies. In this case, even you were kept in the dark about the offer. Something is wrong with that.

You are truly a low life. Trying to whipsaw Hoser against the MEC tell me everything one needs to know about you. Like I asked before are you Self Serving, Anti-ALPA, Pro Management or ASA Management. If you are a line pilot my guess is you are a non-member with your own agenda.:smash:

ASADriver said:
Why weren't you? Why isn't this information put out to the pilots. Seems like we are being kept in the dark.

Well my friend, go to the LEC meeting tomorrow. You can ask those questions face to face with our elected officers of the MEC/LECs, the negotiators, and not hide behind a screename. Take ohplease with you.

Hoser
P2P

ohplease! said:
if you did/do not have all the information out there, you should get the latest information before passing your opinion or old information off as official P2P in the know information.

Sorry there ohplease, but I can and will post anything I want. I have an opinion, as you do, and intend to state it. If you can't handle that, too bad. If I post bad info, I'll correct it. Now, I do hope you have the balls to show up at the LEC meeting tomorrow. You can ask your questions face to face, not behind a screenname, to our ALPA officers. Fly safe!

Hoser
P2P

ASADriver said:

Prove it.

Go to the meeting and prove it. Confront the people you say are lying. Or do you not want your management position revealed?

Hey, even bring labrecque and tutt with you.

Bizjet said:
Trying to whipsaw Hoser against the MEC tell me everything one needs to know about you. Like I asked before are you Self Serving, Anti-ALPA, Pro Management or ASA Management. If you are a line pilot my guess is you are a non-member with your own agenda.:smash:

Whipsaw won't happen Biz. I fully trust and support the MEC, and the Negotiating Team as I've known these members for a very long time. Been through what, 3 contracts, and this is the fourth. Thanks man.

Hoser
P2P

ASADriver said:
The last offer, or the Skywest SAPA proposal are not substandard. They are both better than many other regionals. What is your standard?

They have NOT offered us what Skywest has, nor have they offered us what they supposedly offered Skywest at the end of last week. The "offer" that was withdrawn still did not have COLA increases, nor did it include Premium Pay. So tell me genius, what happens if the company decides to block every line at 73.5 hours? Do you still think that premium is worthless? They HAVE done that before. And the company is still pushing dual Qual, which I don't have a problem with, if they are planning to pay me for it. But I do have a problem having to know 2 sets of everything after taking a paycut.

Yes, I and many that I know would be fairly happy if we were offered EXACTLY what skywest has currently, as long is it was in the form of a binging contract, not in the form of a policy manual or a gentlemans agreement. But that HAS NOT BEEN OFFERED TO US.

ASADriver said:
They can bid with the Skywest side of the house. What prevents them from bidding with Skywest rather than ASA? Will you be surprised when Skywest opens up an ATL domicile?

Nothing prevents that. But it kind of blows their arguement that we are overpriced when they offer the Skywest pilots MORE than we make on both aircraft, doesn't it? Still believe that we are overpaid? Why don't you just send you check back to the company? And why would they set up a domicile here when we are cheaper? You don't understand that this is about control. They want to have their ultimate control over the pilots. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but it does me.

Latest resources

Back