Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
I don't care if it is "official" or not, get it done.

You are so interested in "getting it done" that you are willing to take a substandard contract in that effort. Most of us are not.

ASADriver said:
I believe the majority would take the "unofficial" offer, or the Skywest offer that was just posted. I believe some are holding out for alot more.

Yes, many probably would take what Skywest currently has, with the new "offer" thrown in, as long as it was in the form of a binfing contract, and not just a pilocy manual. Except the PBS. This, however, has NOT been offered to us. In fact, the company has not even broached the idea of profit sharing. Why don't you call BL and ask HIM why the company has not offered us the Skywest "contract"? Afraid of what he would say?

ASADriver said:
Hoser,
Chris, Yngve, and Doug confirmed there was an offer. They also confirmed that this offer was declined because of PBS. If you are P2P, then why are you lieing about this offer. If you are lieing about this offer, then what else are you lieing about?

There is NOTHING stopping the company from taking their "offer" and giving it to the NMB. They won't do it because they know that the NMB would not consider it enough movement to resume talks. That is from the Chairman of the MEC. If you want to ge the facts, then talk to him. I have. Obviously you haven't.

ASADriver said:
So if ALPA has done scientific polling, and it has determined that we don't want this deal, why doesn't it just say so? ALPA wouldn't lie to us would they? Take the deal, and let the membership vote on it. The membership will let you know if it is acceptable. Is ALPA afraid of what the membership will say?

Are you really do dumb that you don't understand that no matter what happens in the informal meetings that it is NOT AN OFFICIAL OFFER until the company goes to the NMB and gets negotiations resumed? Do you REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT???????

enuffalready said:
PS- No person over 5'6" or older than 19 actually uses the term DRIVER to describe what they do. Why don't you come stand next to me in the pilot's lounge so I have some place to put my frosty while I eat my Moe's...... dork.

Hey now...

ohplease! said:
please tell me you are smart enough/reasonable enough/have common sense enough to realize ....had our CNC agreed to the terms being presented as a "what if?" scenario, ASA would have called the NMB and asked for a meeting and they would have offered it "officially" on the record.

And please tell me that you are smart enough/reasonable enough/have enough common sense to realize that PBS would negate over a year of our negotiations. The company was asked IN THIS NEGIATIONS whether they wanted to pursue PBS, and they said no, THREE TIMES. That is why we spent so much time on section 13. PBS would negate all that time. IF the company wants it now, let them get it in a side letter.

As far as your assertion that it is not that bad once you get used to it, it all depends on what system is used. Some are very good (old TWA system), some are very bad. Most pilot groups that have it report that senior pilots really like it, while the junior pilots don't.

atrdriver said:
And please tell me that you are smart enough/reasonable enough/have enough common sense to realize that PBS would negate over a year of our negotiations. The company was asked IN THIS NEGIATIONS whether they wanted to pursue PBS, and they said no, THREE TIMES. That is why we spent so much time on section 13. PBS would negate all that time. IF the company wants it now, let them get it in a side letter.

As far as your assertion that it is not that bad once you get used to it, it all depends on what system is used. Some are very good (old TWA system), some are very bad. Most pilot groups that have it report that senior pilots really like it, while the junior pilots don't.
there absolutely has been a proposal (since withdrawn by the company). I'm not saying the CNC should have but, had they agreed to it, both parties could have and would have called the NMB and it would have been offered "officially".

I've said this same thing several times. IF you could/would chill out, have a reasonable/calm discussion you would see that I have not said the CNC should agree to it.

It was an answer to another knee-jerk reaction by a different "jerk" who consistantly spreads lies and half-truths.

BTW, the CNC will tell you, as they did me and many others, they feel that PBS is probably inevitable at some point. It could be a good thing as long as the software/system is good.

ohplease! said:
there absolutely has been a proposal (since withdrawn by the company). I'm not saying the CNC should have but, had they agreed to it, both parties could have and would have called the NMB and it would have been offered "officially".

I've said this same thing several times. IF you could/would chill out, have a reasonable/calm discussion you would see that I have not said the CNC should agree to it.

It was an answer to another knee-jerk reaction by a different "jerk" who consistantly spreads lies and half-truths.

BTW, the CNC will tell you, as they did me and many others, they feel that PBS is probably inevitable at some point. It could be a good thing as long as the software/system is good.

Yes, PBS is probably coming at some point. But, looking at everything else this company does, do you REALLY think that the company is going to get a "good" system? The only way that any PBS system will be good for the pilots is if the union has a lot of control over the software, and I would be willing to bet that the company will fight that tooth and nail.

As far the what was offered being "official", yes the company can call the NMB anytime it wants and give their "proposal" to the mediator for cinsideration. With the "movement" that they have made, it is unlikely that the mediator would even contact ALPA to tell them about it. That is from the chair of the CNC.

atrdriver said:
Yes, PBS is probably coming at some point. But, looking at everything else this company does, do you REALLY think that the company is going to get a "good" system? The only way that any PBS system will be good for the pilots is if the union has a lot of control over the software, and I would be willing to bet that the company will fight that tooth and nail.

As far the what was offered being "official", yes the company can call the NMB anytime it wants and give their "proposal" to the mediator for cinsideration. With the "movement" that they have made, it is unlikely that the mediator would even contact ALPA to tell them about it. That is from the chair of the CNC.
I'm not disputing anything you're saying. However, you need to go back and re-read what I've said about this subject before you start yapping about it and getting it wrong.

atrdriver said:
Time is working against the company, not us.
I also applaud our CNC for their work.

How is it that time is on the side of the pilots? What am I missing?

Latest resources

Back