Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
buscap said:
Yo Driver,

Thers is no offer, nor a deal. Get that in your head dude. Whatever they want should be presented to the Board. End of story. That is how NEGOTIATIONS work.

There is no deal, but the negotiating members say there is an offer. Why would the negotiators say there is an offer if there isn't one? Are you saying that the two sides can't negotiate without the NMB? What if the the NMB doesn't allow us to negotiate? Should we just sit here and let Skywest transfer the flying while we wait for the Board. The offer has been made, let the membership vote on it. I will accept the membership's vote on it, will you?

ASADriver said:
There is no deal, but the negotiating members say there is an offer. Why would the negotiators say there is an offer if there isn't one? Are you saying that the two sides can't negotiate without the NMB? What if the the NMB doesn't allow us to negotiate? Should we just sit here and let Skywest transfer the flying while we wait for the Board. The offer has been made, let the membership vote on it. I will accept the membership's vote on it, will you?

The next time you talk with the CNC members please go over your list of definitions and come to an agreement that you will be using any misstatement against all ALPA officers by calling them liars when they may not understand that you are using these definitions as a TOOL of your Self Serving, Anti-ALPA, Pro Management or ASA Manager agenda. You are losing any credibility you had gained as a true simpleton who just is too dim to understand and aligning yourself as either SELF SERVING, PRO MANAGEMENT, ANTI-ALPA or ASA MANAGER. Come on it's multiple choice you can answer! (D) all of the above if that is easier for you.:nuts:

ASADriver said:
. This deal is probably as good as it gets and the prospect of losing flying to Skywest isn't worth the gamble. Take the deal and let the membership vote. The membership will settle this debate, let us have something to vote on.

I am 100% certain this is bait, but I'll bite. If skywest raises their 50 and 70 seat pay, according to their company email then they will most definitely be more expensive than us. And if that is true, by your logic, we should be getting tons of new flying and airplanes because we would most certainly be cheaper. If we follow your logic, the longer we hold out, the longer we are less expensive to operate than skywest, the more we grow. The more airplanes skywest loses to us. You should be on here championing HOLD OUT, HOLD OUT!!

YOu must be really close to that 1000 PIC so you can get that job at UPS, SWA, right?

PS- No person over 5'6" or older than 19 actually uses the term DRIVER to describe what they do. Why don't you come stand next to me in the pilot's lounge so I have some place to put my frosty while I eat my Moe's...... dork.

Last edited:
ASADriver said:
Your the one who posted their offer. Would you take their deal? Sounds alot like what we were offered. Lets take it and move on with growing rather than shrinking.

Great! can you call your buddy Brian Lepuke and get them to offer it to us? So far it's still concessions. Idiot.

ASADriver said:
Like most of you words, they are wrong. I paid for my type rating, and it wasn't with Delta. But if it makes you feel better, then continue with your words.

Biscuit

At least you have the balls to admit you're the biscuit... you earn points for that.

It is well documented that I'm not a big fan of ALPA. That said, SKYW pilots make more than us. The asset transfer has nothing to do with pilot pay we are already cheaper than SKYW across the board.

It could be about breaking the union.
It could be about setting up the merge.
It could be negotiation muscle.

It is not about money. We make a lot less than SKYW in all of our aircraft.

ASADriver said:
There isn't a deal, but there is an offer.

No, there isn't. I think it's time that you get educated on the process. Start here: http://www.nmbfacts.com/RLA-Index.htm

The union won't pass it on to the membership, why not? Let us decide.

There's nothing for you to vote on. The supposal was never formally offered in the form of a proposal, so you have no document to actually vote on.

ALPA isn't concerned about what will happen if Skywest transfers our flying.

ALPA is your pilot negotiators and MEC. These guys fly the same routes and airplanes that you do. You think they don't care that they could be out of a job if the flying gets transferred? They're in the same position as you. Remember, ALPA national isn't in the driver's seat here, your own CNC and MEC are. They have the same concerns that you do, but they are using common sense and analytical reasoning to come up with real solutions and good strategy. You might try it sometime rather than jumping to emotional conclusions.

PCL_128 said:
No, there isn't. I think it's time that you get educated on the process. Start here: http://www.nmbfacts.com/RLA-Index.htm

There's nothing for you to vote on. The supposal was never formally offered in the form of a proposal, so you have no document to actually vote on.

ALPA is your pilot negotiators and MEC. These guys fly the same routes and airplanes that you do. You think they don't care that they could be out of a job if the flying gets transferred? They're in the same position as you. Remember, ALPA national isn't in the driver's seat here, your own CNC and MEC are. They have the same concerns that you do, but they are using common sense and analytical reasoning to come up with real solutions and good strategy. You might try it sometime rather than jumping to emotional conclusions.
there absolutely has been a proposal (since withdrawn by the company). I'm not saying the CNC should have but, had they agreed to it, both parties could have and would have called the NMB and it would have been offered "officially".

ohplease! said:
there absolutely has been a proposal

What was offered was called a "supposal." That's different than a proposal. A supposal is an informal "what if" scenario. "Let's just suppose that we offer you this, what would you think?" There is no guarantee that they would also formally offer the same terms in front of the mediator if the CNC agreed in principal to the supposal. Informal sessions are great for trying to find middle ground and make some progress, but they are not intended for making offers. There are very strict guidelines under Section 6 bargaining that dictate how these things are done. They are meant to protect both parties. To agree in principal to an offer that hasn't even been officially proposed would be a big mistake. Your CNC and MEC were smart to dodge that bullet.

ASADriver said:
There isn't a deal, but there is an offer. The union won't pass it on to the membership, why not? Let us decide. ALPA isn't concerned about what will happen if Skywest transfers our flying.
This appears to be true.

The company made a proposal - a proposal that answered most of ALPA's objections. While we hear lots about the Preferential Bidding, we have heard nearly nothing from our CNC.

I can say what we are not hearing is that our negotiating committee is still railing about a funded retirement plan. This is certainly on Doug Parrott's agenda. In my opinion scope should be a higher (and more realistic) priority.

I think the Company's offer should be recognized for what it is. A pretty good offer.

In the mean time more and more of "ASA's" flying is being transferred and Skywest is talking to Delta about changing the names on the asset purchase agreement. After all, ASA's deal to do 85% of the Atlanta DCi flying can be changed almost instantly to read "SkyWest."

What are we waiting for - an Atlanta SkyWest base? We know it's coming.

Latest resources

Back