• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest ALPA message at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, those guys are VOLUNTEERS man...they do all this stuff in their time off. You should just be glad there's a number to call at all!

Maybe we should ditch the phone number? If your message is not going to be returned, then why bother paying for the phone and plan?

As far as them being volunteers, I love this response. "They're volunteers, so give them a break." Whether you are a volunteer or a paid employee, if you say you are going to do a job, then do it...plain and simple. If it is something that you no longer care to do, or don't have the time, or whatever the reason then let somebody else do it. Don't give us some false hope by having a "Scheduling Hotline" to call if our messages are going to be ignored and not returned.

Hey, those guys are VOLUNTEERS man...they do all this stuff in their time off. You should just be glad there's a number to call at all!

I hope this was tongue in cheek! If not, I second the above posters response. If people take up a position, follow through, or kindly ask for someone else to take over. Either that, or get rid of the number.

I have received a call back 100% of the time that I requested one. He didn't always give me the answer I wanted but I can't say he doesn't call me back or work hard at what he does.

From what I understand, the new scheduling hotline/scheduling guru is one of our furloughed pilots that used to work in crew scheduling. He was pulled back on line, and probably just recently finished training. He may still be in training, and just getting caught up with that. However, once he gets situated, it will be nice to have a former crew scheduler in the seat to help us. He's going to know all the "tricks of the trade", that scheduling is pulling, along with their "dirty secrets".

Volunteer or not, that thing was pretty crappy. And let's keep in mind-not everyone who has ever been involved in union work was there for the right reasons.

Someone over there should have a little chat with the author-and whoever is in charge of communications should definitely have caught that before it went out.
We get enough FU from mgmt. without having to hear it from the union as well.

From what I understand, the new scheduling hotline/scheduling guru is one of our furloughed pilots that used to work in crew scheduling. He was pulled back on line, and probably just recently finished training. He may still be in training, and just getting caught up with that. However, once he gets situated, it will be nice to have a former crew scheduler in the seat to help us. He's going to know all the "tricks of the trade", that scheduling is pulling, along with their "dirty secrets".

All of that in not true. Brian is a senior FO who has been here a while. He is not an ALPA guy, but is a volunteer who tries to help where he can. I don't know if he is leaving that position and then the above might be true, but I called him last night and as of then Brian was still doing it.

I couldn't help but replying to this crap in the news letter. I included 3 screen shots of the "bucket" list that we aren't reading right. Below is what I wrote.

As one who has been on reserve for 3 years now, I have no choice but to find the segment in the last news letter as completely insulting to everyone on reserve right now. Have any of you taken the time to look at the bucket list? There is no bucket list. It is completely used up EVERY DAY. I offer two examples for the past few days and one of tomorrow which will look like the others in a few hours. And these are not abnormal. Rather than telling us on reserve how we maybe are not checking up on the rules on how it works, why is the union not working on a solution? Everyday I feel a major lack of union representation for the reserves who have ZERO life and are constantly being scheduled to the max and rescheduled even further with moving off days.
Now I know you and you are a good guy. I'm not blaming you for the situation, but the article (whoever wrote it) was incredibly insulting to the people who are being abused everyday at this company.

In Solidarity,

That is actually true....I spoke with him a few days ago.

Latest resources

Back