Latest ALPA message at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

See the part about how the reserves can make their lives better and enjoy more time at home if we just read the rules better? So they are saying we don't understand the bucket list, therefor we are getting used more.... What bucket list!

I would say that anybody who has been on reserve for going on 4 years now knows the rules pretty damn well.

I called the scheduling hotline with an issue of scheduling putting me on a 2145 flight when I am a 4am to 7pm reserve when there was another guy who was a 9am to midnight on the list. I say that section 13 says they should skip me for him since it is in his window despite me being Call Me First. I am CMF, yes, but not if it is waaaay outside my preferred window. Then you can consider me Don't Call At ALL!! Anyway, they kept me on the flight AND still kept me going on call at 4am. Have no fear though, they gave me 8 hours of "rest" in between my 8 hours of On Call at 4am and my 10pm flight. Of course I slept the whole time.... yea right.

Oh and as a result of my call to the hotline, I was told "hmmmm interesting, never thought of that situation" and I asked for a follow up call to get an answer to my question on the intent of the wording of that part of the contract and wether scheduling should be able to skip me for the other guy or at least not have me going on call at 4am and having a 10pm flight in the same day. He took my number and said he'd get back to me but I haven't heard back from him yet.

The Scheduling Hotline is really quite a valuable asset isn't it?

The Scheduling Hotline is really quite a valuable asset isn't it?

It really is. The time I used it, I left all the pertinent information that it asked for, and when they called me back....oh wait, they never called me back. Disregard.

Yeah, reading that email got under my skin as well. And I have more skin than most people.

Put me down for a never called me back......my dues hard at work for me!

Put me down for a never called me back......my dues hard at work for me!

Hey, those guys are VOLUNTEERS man...they do all this stuff in their time off. You should just be glad there's a number to call at all!

Latest resources

Back