Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest Age 65 BS...Group wants them all back...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if they win, then what??!! Did Prater and ALPA think of this ramification??

And someone mentioned Prater got exactly what he wanted. What exactly was that? The bill, except for allowing two over 60 pilots on domestic operations, is basically unchanged from the original.

AA767AV8TOR

The other language that ALPA wanted and got include.

1) Forcing companies to bargain with their unions over all changes.
2) All pilots must be actively flying 121 operations
3) The language preventing lawsuits against Unions and companies.

Please don't take the above post as supporting the age change. I am just answering your question.

Your appear to be full of yourself or or simply full of BS after looking at your profile. Only in your dreams di&k head. BTW what branch of the service were you in anyway. You f'n *************************! Have you ever done anything for anyoine but yourself? I doubt it. Please oh please tell me who you work for, I just gotta know.

Nice, intellegent discussion. Just goes to show that even if you serve in the miliarty, you can still be a twerp.

Nu

How about instead of donating to this fund, we donate to all the guys who were already retired before 911, and got their retirement wiped away in the bankruptcy courts. They were awarded the federal guarentee around $27,000 a year max. What about them? They lost their entire lifes work in one foul swoop, and were to old to go back to work in the only profession they new. Now thats a shame...

Why don't we take up a fund for Paris Hilton when her old man cut her off. Most of these senior so called "poor guys" made more in 1 yr in the hayday then I have made in 5 yrs or will make. Their failure to plan should not become my failure.

Sometimes you have to right a wrong. Age 65 should have been implimented with the international rule change over a year ago. I, for one, would be willing to give up some seniority so that those folks can come back to their rightful places on the seniority list.

This is either flamebait or you are the biggest idiot on the face of this earth.

I am far from a genius, heck, I am an anti-genius, but I said this was coming.

The next thing, mark my words, is a class action lawsuit from those pilots beyond 65 suing for being forced to retire too early.

Watch and see......

I cannot believe that in 5 pages of commentary not one person except for MECH has posted anything factual regarding this issue. Here is the language in the Bill that will address the SPC issue:

(2) PROTECTION FOR COMPLIANCE.—An action taken in conformance with this section, taken in conformance with a regulation issued to carry out this section, or taken prior to the date of enactment of this section in conformance with section 121.383(c) of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (as in effect before such date of enactment), may not serve as a basis for liability or relief in a proceeding, brought under any employment law or regulation, before any court or agency of the United States or of any State or locality.

In other words, the Bill provides liability protection for both companies and unions. The SPC can try to sue all day long but it won't work.

-Neal

That's the whole point, Neal.

The SPC isn't trying to sue anyone; they're calling the bill "unconstitutional" on the very basis you are quoting and are pushing for a Supreme Court ruling to invalidate the bill.

Like I said before, our constitution is built on the basis that EVERYONE is entitled to the protection of the legal system. This bill takes that right away, making it unconstitutional as it's written.

Question is, will the Sup hear it? If they do, it could get changed or overturned. If they don't, then there's no further legal action anyone can take as you already stated.

I personally hope the Sup won't hear the case, as the bill is fine just like it is, but the legality of removing someone's right to the legal system is certainly "questionable"...

Latest resources

Back