Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest Age 65 BS...Group wants them all back...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually feel bad for these guys who were forced in to retirement. THEY were discriminated against because of their age and thrown out into the cold street with nothing else.

I think we owe it to bring these folks back with seniority and make a statement against discrimination! As a society we need to fight discrimination and hate. Together we can make it a better world.

You work for Delta right? If all those retired guys come back you will lose your job. How do you feel about it now?

Why are all these guys broke? What ever happened to saving your own money, funding your own retirement? I have a "pension" with my company... but I pretend it doesn't exist. If it's there, great, if not, I can still retire. I won't be able to afford a yacht or a home in the Caribbean somewhere, but that's personal responsibility for ya.

This stuff makes me ill.

Look for about five years of continuances and extended discovery proceedings. Mark my words...

AKAAB

Why are all these guys broke? What ever happened to saving your own money, funding your own retirement? I have a "pension" with my company... but I pretend it doesn't exist. If it's there, great, if not, I can still retire. I won't be able to afford a yacht or a home in the Caribbean somewhere, but that's personal responsibility for ya.

This stuff makes me ill.

You mean you expect folks to take ownership of their own financial mismanagement and stupidity?

HOW DARE YOU!

They will win, it is truly discrimination. Not being able to fly up to 65 but this guy can, will win. I hope they do. This all about me, give me me me me group, will loose like all of us will. How selfish to think, No one will say anything, they like us. Prater really is a PUD

You work for Delta right? If all those retired guys come back you will lose your job. How do you feel about it now?

actually at Delta the vast, vast majority of our retirements in the last 5 years were guys who retired early. I don't think there will be any law or any court ruling that allows someone who willingly retired early to get his/her job back.

This is one of the reasons I was against age 65. You would have been a fool to think this lawsuit would not happen.

This thing, what ever you want to call it won't see the light of day. Relax, this is flaming at it's best. As a matter of fact it's kind of strange that you don't see anywhere but here on FI.....um?

Hallo,

It makes me sick to my stomach to watch all these guys show their true nature.

They only look out for themselves and could care less about anybody else.

Every once in a while, however, one of the good guys shows true class and retires at 60, the retirement age he has known for 30 years, or close to it. He will go out the door KNOWING that a majority of his colleagues appreciate it and that we will ALWAYS remember his example as being the only right way to leave.

Rgds,

dane

Latest resources

Back