Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest Age 65 BS...Group wants them all back...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sometimes you have to right a wrong. Age 65 should have been implimented with the international rule change over a year ago. I, for one, would be willing to give up some seniority so that those folks can come back to their rightful places on the seniority list.
What you're talking about is likely the wholesale FURLOUGH of HUNDREDS of F/O's across the industry so these guys can come back at their 6-figure salary.

I don't mind giving up my upgrade by a few years, which is one of the reasons I supported age 65, because it was the right thing to do, but I have NO intention of being kicked out on the street so the retirees can come back at full seniority.

The whole POINT was to allow them to continue to work until age 65 so they could bridge the gap between mandatory retirement and full social security benefits. They can do that working as an F/O or at a supplemental, so long as it doesn't cost anyone THEIR JOB.

Fair is one thing. Pure greed at another's expense of their ability to feed their family is just wrong.

Everyone ......take a deep breath. Ah that feels better now. This is simply not going to happen and will never get any traction in the courts. Simply let the old guys throw their $$ at some money grubbing law firm and sit back and smile.

Take a stand against Discrimination!

You work for Delta right? If all those retired guys come back you will lose your job. How do you feel about it now?

I think it is time to unite and kick this ugly monster called "Discrimination" in the nuts and make a statement showing unity and the desire to help our elderly pilots get back on their feet.

Did I just write this???:laugh: :laugh:

I think it is time to unite and kick this ugly monster called "Discrimination" in the nuts and make a statement showing unity and the desire to help our elderly pilots get back on their feet.

Did I just write this???:laugh: :laugh:

Intructordude. You are simply a troll playing in a mans world. Please settle down and go back to your PlayStation, thus sparing all these guys anymore high pressure. It's over, end of story, finie'e.

Hey, I know what.... Why don't we double our ALPA dues to help those guys out. Give them the equivalent of their lost Social Security money. Kind of a reverse Robin Hood pay as you go system.

How about instead of donating to this fund, we donate to all the guys who were already retired before 911, and got their retirement wiped away in the bankruptcy courts. They were awarded the federal guarentee around $27,000 a year max. What about them? They lost their entire lifes work in one foul swoop, and were to old to go back to work in the only profession they new. Now thats a shame...

What you're talking about is likely the wholesale FURLOUGH of HUNDREDS of F/O's across the industry so these guys can come back at their 6-figure salary.

I don't mind giving up my upgrade by a few years, which is one of the reasons I supported age 65, because it was the right thing to do, but I have NO intention of being kicked out on the street so the retirees can come back at full seniority.

If you were stupid enough to support this, I would love to see you on the street to have a little time to think about your idiocy and it's consequences.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that many of the already retired guys are going to demand "equal protection". I don't see how the current badly crafted law will stand up to a constitutional challenge. Congrats you guys who wanted the change. You've now opened Pandora's Box and have thrown the piloting career into an even faster tailspin than it was already in. And, thanks SWAPA . . . you dorks.

Heyas Dragin,

You hit the nail on the head. Once these guys prove that the law is FUBARed, not only will they sue to come back with their OLD seniority, but they will sue to recover lost longevity, pay, retirement contributions, benefits PLUS damages.

The final monetary toll will be HUGE.

ALPA will no doubt be listed as a co-defendant along with the airlines. If they send me an assesment, I'll send it to Prater.

Nu

Excellent point. This is hands down the worst generation ever in America. We are stuck with a bunch of hippies who run our universities, law firms and congress and a bunch of greedy corporate executives and senior pilots who will never be happy despite all the robbing they have done to their companies. We are going to pay for this last f. u. for the rest of our rapidly diminishing careers.

Latest resources

Back