• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I resigned this week. I left a empty and slightly used ballistic nylon flight case in the bag room. The code is still set to 00/00. If you can find it, tis yours. I thought I would have more to say. I don't. Adios and best of luck to most of you.

I disagree. I have 5 years seniority, not even halfway up the 200 list but hold a decent schedule and gross over 50k. Life does not suck hard, especially in this economy. Referring to this job as crappy and abusive is rediculous.

Lack of movement wasn't caused by ASA lifers, it was caused by Age 65 and a bad economy. December 17 all that all comes to an end. We have classes on the CRJ side throughout the remainder of the year and one of the wildest bids ever is about to happen. By this time next year people will have all the movement they want. It's about to get crazy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

777 is right on! I've got a little over 11 years here and never thought I would be here this long. Thank you age 65 and recession. However, I feel very blessed to be where I am. ASA could have easily been in the position of Comair!

PapaSiera stated "Inc is either going to let us keep our "meager" industry leading contract or they can replace us". I would never consider an industry leading contract as meager. While the LASA contract is not the greatest, i feel that i have it purty good here. I'm gonna make just under $100,000 for flying a 50 seat jet. My health insurance is still about half of what most of my buddies outside of aviation pay. I have way more days off a month than my buddies outside of flying and my 3 weeks of vacation a year I can turn into 9 weeks. And perhaps most important, my paycheck arrives on time and has never bounced!

For those pushing for big raises and "industry leading" contract, take a good look at Comair, Pinnacle, ACA, Eagle, Mesa. This will be our fate if we do not get together and create a reasonable contract that the company and we can live with. Otherwise, everyone better update your resume and be ready start over somewhere else.

50k? You either work your ass off or you are figuring per-diem in that number.

Including per diem I'm just over 55k

I live in base and always credit over 100hrs. Gotta add as much to the 401k while I'm young and energetic

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I resigned this week. I left a empty and slightly used ballistic nylon flight case in the bag room. The code is still set to 00/00. If you can find it, tis yours. I thought I would have more to say. I don't. Adios and best of luck to most of you.

Glad to hear it. Where ya going?

Legacy ASA is a good outfit to work for. However, my HUGE beef is with scheduling and reserve. If we cleaned up the contract language, and instituted a better reserve section, I'd be happy T/A-ing what we have now. However, as long as scheduling continues to dump on me, I'm gonna remain pissed off, irrate, and disgruntled. I don't mind working, and working hard. However, I also demand a life outside of work, and reserve simply does not allow this. You even get bugged and F-ed with on days off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back