• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Larry resigns from CAL as CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Something is up lately in IAH. There's too much going on with CAL and our union and closed door meetings and this and that.....something is up. I'm guessing a merger soon. Boy, was I wrong in coming to CAL!!! Anyone want to sell coconuts?

Proabably a stupid question: Do you know who is behind the closed door meetings?...any UAL union folks or MGMNT types down there? Just curious.

You sell the coconuts and I will train people how to open them....I need a new side job.

It worked once

But passing the ball to a lawyer, good luck guys. You'll need it.

Probably depends on the lawyer. As I recall, Southwest's BOD passed the ball from founder Lamar Muse to the company's lawyer, Herb Kelleher. Granted, he was not an ordinary lawyer.

Probably depends on the lawyer. As I recall, Southwest's BOD passed the ball from founder Lamar Muse to the company's lawyer, Herb Kelleher. Granted, he was not an ordinary lawyer.

No kidding-he liked to drink a fifth a day.

Proabably a stupid question: Do you know who is behind the closed door meetings?...any UAL union folks or MGMNT types down there? Just curious.

You sell the coconuts and I will train people how to open them....I need a new side job.

Well, I know our MEC has been meeting with UAL's MEC recently, but I thought that was about the Star Alliance. Who knows? But I firmly believe a merge is in the works and we all better hang on. You get furloughed.....you be farked. Either way, if we merge, I'm doing something else in life. I'll be at the bottom on a scarebus ORD reserve singing vara shaka with the local home boyz. Damn this sucks..............

I would sit RSV in ORD any day over flying trips out of SGN.

It is all how you look at it.........my brown sandwich is on French Bread. Take out the brown (Tilton) and you have a start of a better future. :)

How you been Tit - keep your chin up mate.

I have to say something smells fishy. Star alliance one week and then resignation the next. Didn't Bethune step down right before all the concessionary contracts were created for the employee groups as a way to "distance himself from that decision." Could this be a way to distance himself from what's coming?

Latest resources

Back