• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Larry resigns from CAL as CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/continental-air-coo-smisek-to-become-chairman-ceo

Continental Air COO Smisek to become chairman, CEO

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Continental Airlines said late Thursday that President and Chief Operating Officer Jeff Smisek will become chairman and chief executive officer, effective Jan. 1, 2010. Smisek will succeed Larry Kellner, who will become the head of Emerald Creek Group LLC, a new Houston-based private investment firm, after 14 years with the air carrier. Smisek said in a statement that he and Kellner will work together over the next several months to ensure a smooth transition.

Larry commuted from socal for years so it was always a matter of time and good resume before he bails.
Jeff is OK, but he called CAL pilots "not so bright" in my face.

Expect more psychological warfare about how good the management is, how challenging the environment is and less hope for a contract.

Kellner did not one visionary thing during his reign. He just monitored the FMS (which was programmed at the gate by Bethune) all these years. But passing the ball to a lawyer, good luck guys. You'll need it.

Something is up lately in IAH. There's too much going on with CAL and our union and closed door meetings and this and that.....something is up. I'm guessing a merger soon. Boy, was I wrong in coming to CAL!!! Anyone want to sell coconuts?

Merger with ual or useless air and Doug Steenland as CEO:eek:

Something is up lately in IAH. There's too much going on with CAL and our union and closed door meetings and this and that.....something is up. I'm guessing a merger soon. Boy, was I wrong in coming to CAL!!! Anyone want to sell coconuts?

STAR alliance is done....1 week later, Kellner takes off.....

This is all part of a plan. Expect things to start moving. Not because Kellner is gone but the getting approved to join the alliance was the final hurdle that needed to be jumped. Nothing else in the way.

These guys have this whole thing charted out already.

Latest resources

Back