Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
say again said:
BTW-When did GIA get E120's??

They have 'em, I saw one land on RWY 9 at MIA a couple of weeks back as we were taxiing out. It was in GIA colors, however, not in Continental Connection paint.

DrewBlows said:
No entry found for oxyphidralious.

FN FAL, you're going to have to explain that joke, I looked it up but I don't get it. Maybe I'm just dense.
Hahaha...you're not dense, I was just being an ass, as usual.

Hey, speaking of headlights, you should have seen the two "exotic dancers" I got to fly up for tandem skydives on sunday. Dumber than a bag of hammers, but funny as hell.

ERfly said:
The lights you refer to behind the wings on the 737s and MD-80s are position lights. The white position light isn't on the tail, it's on the back of the wing tip. Our XRs have it, too.

I don't think that's what he's asking about. The MD-80s have ice inspection lights aft of the wing also, shining towards the engine inlets.

Wasted said:
The MD-80s have ice inspection lights aft of the wing also, shining towards the engine inlets.

They are called "wing/nacelle flood lights".

That is correct, plus...

bafanguy said:
They are called "wing/nacelle flood lights".

the nacelle lights come on with the emergency lights, the one aft of the left wing by the emergency exit forward of the left engine.

Thanks, everyone who replied... I guess those lights shining at the wings are to inspect for ice... But are the passengers supposed to report what they see to the pilots because it is virtually impossible for them to see the whole wing..

Latest resources

Back