LandCare Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mjb00123

Hey Folks! Im looking for any one who has worked for landcare Aviation as a pilot. I plan on working for them in the fall and I am just looking for some insight on them! Info on rochester aerial mapping sevice and Northern states aviation would also be helpful.:cool:

I worked for them in the summer of 1998. Probably one of the better jobs I have had. I flew a 172 all over the US for their aerial photography operations. Al, the owner, is a great guy. Could not ask for a better boss. I would definately take the job.

worked there last year...great company, good pay, got to cross the rockys twice in a 172. fun stuff

ps...use that search button and I bet you get a dozen hits on the company.

Great Company, Great People

I worked for landcare from 04-05. Great job to build time. I got to see the entire US. Never got bored of it. Bob is in charge now, and he is a great guy. You will like it.

Mosquito said:
I worked for landcare from 04-05. Great job to build time. I got to see the entire US. Never got bored of it. Bob is in charge now, and he is a great guy. You will like it.

Man that sounds cool

I worked over at NSA. It was a great gig and like others have said, seeing the whole country is great. The only downside is after a while, flying gridlines for 6-7 hours a day becomes tedious. But I would just keep telling myself, another 7 hours in the logbook, another 7 hours in the logbook, and that would get me through the day.

I went to work there in 2001. It was one of the best times of my life. I was there for a few years when there wasn't anywhere else to go. That was back when we had the Landcare Lounge over in Rome. It was a house they provided for us to live in. It was great, on the road you lived in a hotel. When you got back to UCA you lived at the lounge for free. I think that is all gone now, but it was a blast back then. A house full of people to hang out with. Mostly sit on the front porch, drink, and discuss how much Rome sucked and how cool it was going to be to go fly some "real" airplanes someday. I still keep in touch with the guys, some of my best friends are from those days. Good time builder, great friends, decent pay, and you get to see the country. That and Al was a helluva good boss, always treated me real well. Too bad he is gone.

I still work there. Its really slow this time of year, but expect hiring around September, no later than October. We just picked up another 172 to convert for a Pictometry platform. Word is we'll have all of the 172's flying Picto equipment this year, so about 14 so far. We're currently testing one of our Aztecs with Picto equipment installed. We just hit 165 knots with the equipment and waiting on the results of the photos. For those that don't know, 109 was the latest restriction, with 90 knots being an even earlier version. Change is ever present, so who knows what Picto will do, but its been looking pretty good.

I second all my former colleagues comments and those who came before me. Its a great place to work for, nothing better to build up from low time. I've been here since Dec '04.

Latest resources

Back