LandCare Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tips for mapping

Use the rudder to keep on a line, fly as fast as your equipment allows, and watch out for traffic. Being kind to ATC in controlled airspace helps too.

What did everyone find to be the hardest part to learn as a new mapper?

how to find the hotels that gave a good breakfast and if possible dinner and if possible managers reception.

finding that hotel is key and when you do...man o man..

whered you get a survey job at? Flying what?

I missed out on a 421 job that started at 6 figures a year ago because I didn't have enough piston multi time...damn.

Hi,

For me, it was getting used to being away from home for an extended period of time. The part that sucked was when I was alone with no other pilot to talk too. But when I was paired up with another pilot we always had a good time. FrnzPilot and I where paired up in nice area's like SEA, and ATL. On weather days we always found things to do that made time go by fast. Remember Mapper's are a family, we are a different breed of pilots. Just like the Frieght Doggs. ;)

Hotels can certainly make or break the project. I'm gonna miss the Residence Inn this year.

Hardest part of this job is there is no set schedule and you live in hotel rooms for the season, about 6 months straight. For example, I've been working Philly this last month and was just told at 2pm to head to Ft Lauderdale when the plane is ready, even though the project here isn't near completion. Any proficient pilot can fly the missions, but putting up with the lifestyle... well, most dont last a whole season, I'm on my third.

Hotels can certainly make or break the project. I'm gonna miss the Residence Inn this year.

Hardest part of this job is there is no set schedule and you live in hotel rooms for the season, about 6 months straight. For example, I've been working Philly this last month and was just told at 2pm to head to Ft Lauderdale when the plane is ready, even though the project here isn't near completion. Any proficient pilot can fly the missions, but putting up with the lifestyle... well, most dont last a whole season, I'm on my third.

I sleep better in Hotel rooms.

Latest resources

Back