LAN Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAowner

This may be more a a question for the international pilots. I will need to fly into Ecuador later this year from NYC -- choices are American changing in MIA or LAN non-stop from JFK. Burning my fractional hours for this trip is not an option. Any comments or experiences with LAN? How are its pilots, equipment and maintenance?

Thanks.

Chile is in bad shape and LAN pilots are bailing to other countries, any job. All I know is the former LAN pilot I know is a good guy and hasn't ever bad mouthed LAN. The economy in Chile pushed him out.

I can't answer your specific question except to say I airlined on LAN from NYC to Montreal a couple of years ago when a Delta dropped the ball. Admittedly it was a short flight, but I was very impressed. Given the choice I would take the direct flight on LAN.

Thanks. Technically when I look at the flights there is LAN-Chile and LAN-Peru. The Ecuador flights are on LAN-Peru.

From a pilot stand point,yes LAN pilots are not well compensated

As far as passenger service, LAN is far superior than most of our airlines... We flew them to Argentina, excellent service, even in couch

Latest resources

Back