• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Laid off an hour ago!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I concur.... been laid off from three flying jobs so far and always got a better job. Keep humping along and something will turn up. You MUST treat the job search process like a job itself and work on it almost every day. Keep a Journal and write down all contacts and pertinent info. My .02 :)

Great Advice!

Being laid off in the past was an extremely different situation. The sad fact is most of the jobs we have now could end very soon and there aren't other jobs available.

I'm wondering if the true corporate jobs are going away with all the Washington BS. I know there's a lot more jobs out there flying the owner to the beach, but fewer flying the employees around for business. Does anyone else get that feeling?

The flight department I was at slowed there flying to a crawl as a direct result of the bs in washington. They started sending execs on the airlines. I went from flying 600-700 hours per year down to 10 hours per month. not to mention there were 8 pilots and I was the last one hired.

we do a little of both, shuttling the owner and select others around Florida during the week and an occasional weekend trip out of state.

...on my first furlough, but not my first career. Fortunately I have options outside aviation until things pick up. I feel bad for those young guys, with wives and kids at home, whose whole career is aviation. Really sucks fo them.

Ive been out for the past 6 months. Optimism rapidly decreasing.

Side question..How badly does a credit rating hold in one finding a job?? I've recently run into some bad luck w/ a few investments.

Ive been out for the past 6 months. Optimism rapidly decreasing.

Side question..How badly does a credit rating hold in one finding a job?? I've recently run into some bad luck w/ a few investments.

Its more important than one would think..most places are checking these days, especially in anything finance related.

Nobody expects perfect credit scores, but odd things (bankrupt, repo etc) will certainly raise flags.

Cant say I agree with the practice, but it is what it is.

Latest resources

Back