• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kudos to SWAPA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wish I could have attended. I was primed to go when it was the 12th, but had to work on the 13th. I've had several conversations with with my SWA bretheren over the past few months and all were positive, except for one guy.......
Looking forward to working with you guys and S... canning our Crew Skeds department.

Dave VM is a pretty good guy, but he's the type that tends to say one sentence too many.

Wouldn't Dave VM just go back to the line?

My Tranny buddy said "a lot of management types just bid into MCO in the last bid". Does this guy need to go back and re-learn how to fly again? Tori will teach him the way and a few good words along the way.

Wouldn't Dave VM just go back to the line?

My Tranny buddy said "a lot of management types just bid into MCO in the last bid". Does this guy need to go back and re-learn how to fly again? Tori will teach him the way and a few good words along the way.

I have finished stapling my lips together. I'm now gluing my fingers together so I can't type. ;)

How many hours a day does the Tranny airplanes fly? Anybody know?

That doesn't seem that high, especially if you do red eyes, Does it?
KBB

Dunno, I'm just a lowly 'yoke and throttle operator' ;)

We do redeyes from LAX, LAS, SEA, SFO to a couple of destinations, so that's 40 or 50 hours divided over 55 airframes . . . . adds an hour a night, I guess.

That doesn't seem that high, especially if you do red eyes, Does it?
KBB
Correct, which is what I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Our fleet is significantly underutilized when compared to how Southwest flies their aircraft. Our block hours per aircraft are at least 20% under Southwest's utilization.

That means, once we start flying our planes at Southwest's average block hours per day, we'll actually be understaffed and need to hire at least 200 people.

FWIW :)

Latest resources

Back