Kln90b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank, that is working good
I am getting it, its not that hard, just a lot of info on a lot of pages.
I sat in the airplane with the apu and ran it through some paces today,

Why does it have an OBS mode if we only ever use it in LEG mode??

GravityHater said:
Why does it have an OBS mode if we only ever use it in LEG mode??

Not familiar with the 90B but I know the 89B and the 94 and on both of those models, OBS mode is so that you can stop the sequencing of waypoints in the flight plan (i.e. holding).

I think I nailed everything in it except the approaches.
The Memory Jogger short form version of what happens in an approach is a little overwhelming. I really thought it would be simpler.
You are right, OBS mode is for PTs, holds and vectors to intercept.

Another use for OBS (technique) is, for example: Go direct to a waypoint on an approach (or the airport) and then set the course to the approache's final course (or runway heading). Then, you will have a visual of where the final course lies. Depending on how your info is depicted (ours goes onto a center MFD with TCAS) you will have one more tool for SA.

GravityHater said:
think I nailed everything in it except the approaches.
The Memory Jogger short form version of what happens in an approach is a little overwhelming. I really thought it would be simpler
I know the procedure for the 90b (I'm more familiar with the 94). But hat's one of the areas it got simpler with newer models.

I think the other important IFR piece that some people miss when self-teaching is modifying a planned route on the fly - either bypassing waypoints or adding a new one when receiving a "direct" instruction while enroute.

Latest resources

Back