• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Avionics Parts? KN-64

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats called flat rate. This is the norm at auto repair shops also.

With this, you know what the charges are going to be before the repairs are made. If you don't agree, you simply take your business elsewhere.

If the flat rate is 4 hours, and the technician takes 6 hours to complete the job, he only gets paid for 4 hours.

Thats called flat rate. This is the norm at auto repair shops also.

With this, you know what the charges are going to be before the repairs are made. If you don't agree, you simply take your business elsewhere.

If the flat rate is 4 hours, and the technician takes 6 hours to complete the job, he only gets paid for 4 hours.

Yea, I understand that but most shops charge you for the extra 2 hours. I have a place that will do it for $100.00 flat including the part just need to send them the DME also included a bench test and certify since it has not been tested in a long time except in flight.

Here is the flipside to that:

The reason why I will probably get out of general avaition is unscrupulous mechanics that charge 4 hours of labor to replace a knob on a radio that they should be able to fix in 1 hour.

Dirt

Are you considering getting out of private automobile driving also? Lot's of unscrupulous mechanics out there!

bocefus

If I had to pay $360 bucks to replace my radio knob....YES I would be considering getting out of "private" driving."

Dirt

You should check the hourly and flat rates at your loal dealer and then compare then to aviation shops.

I'll be looking for you at the bus stops

Bocefus

I can replace my own radio knob in my car so don't be looking for me anytime soon on the cheese.

Dirt

I believe an A&P mechanic can do this task, but that person, just like the avionics shop will need some kind of technical document to base the repair on (over haul manual for that component for an example). You need to state in the log book sign off what you used (IAW).

Latest resources

Back