King Air 90 Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daysleeper2621

How much training / time would it take for a commercial pilot with instrument and multi. ratings to get checked out in a King Air 90 at some place like Flight Safety? What if the pilot only had 400 hours (20 multi.)?

FSI BE90 Initial is 5 days. May wnat to look into SimCom as it is MUCH cheaper. I did the 90 course with about 500TT and 250 ME. 20 hrs doesn't seem like a whole lot of ME time. Easy plane to fly, but without the ME time I would have some concern about ME procedures (i.e. engine out, higher speeds/performance). Just my .02

Just my opinion, and maybe I'm just old and slow, but at first thought, I think FS would kick your butt. When I went (for the C90), I had over 1000 multi, and it was still lots of work, but, I suppose it cold be done. YMMV. It would sure help if you could get some ride-along time with someone.

The 90 is such a simple airplane that I would think SimCom to be the better choice. I think their initial is 4 days (?) and the guys I know who've done it, say it's about 3 days too long.

The 90 is such a simple airplane that I would think SimCom to be the better choice. I think their initial is 4 days (?) and the guys I know who've done it, say it's about 3 days too long.

I've heard the same thing about the J3 Cub...such a simple airplane. It kills you, just not as quickly. Right?

Those who think they're getting too much training are usually the ones you really need to watch out for.

avbug said:
I've heard the same thing about the J3 Cub...such a simple airplane. It kills you, just not as quickly. Right?

Those who think they're getting too much training are usually the ones you really need to watch out for.

Yeah, whatever.

daysleeper2621 said:
mike1, how were you able to get 250 me hours with only 500 tt?

Got a job flying right seat in a Baron and doing some operations work. Flew as PIC on all 91 legs. Built a good amount of time quickly. Great esxperience. Once a King Air 90 came on certificate, I was sent to school.

Latest resources

Back