• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 90 or Lear 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, you have some real concerns there that I had to face when I went from a Warrior to the 320. It worked out well that time because I combined the multi rating with some additional long flights to get the 40 or so hours I needed. It didn't take all that long. As for the training this time, I think it will be done in either CA or FL at which time I will spend all the hours I can until I feel ready. By-the-way, I have a good friend that has only one arm and has a multi commercial and is planning an around the world flight in a C47. Oh yeah, Oregon took away his commercial drivers license for his job driving a log truck. I guess in their opinion it takes more to drive a truck than a multi engine aircraft.

Last edited:
If you had to choose between a Lear,Falcon or a Citation what would be the best value for a light jet?

Oregonbythesea said:
Well, you have some real concerns there that I had to face when I went from a Warrior to the 320. I

When I first started tire kicking twins, I originally wanted a T310R and was told I'd have no problem getting insurance on one and the prices quoted were relatively cheap.

BUT...when you're talking pressurized, for some reason underwriters start getting nervous.

You could regularly be up high with a mask on your face and they don't seem to get nervous, but blow up the compartment and watch what they do.

I wish I did still have the Barron, it wouldn't go anyway if I did. Yes, I have looked at the 400 series but, I wanted something a little more comfortable and that is just about the best there is. At least, for now.

Oregonbythesea said:
I wish I did still have the Barron, it wouldn't go anyway if I did. Yes, I have looked at the 400 series but, I wanted something a little more comfortable and that is just about the best there is. At least, for now.
Why not get a Pilatus PC 12? You'll save on operating costs and insurance.

Cost, more than anything but, it is definitely something for anyone to look at who wants turbo props and safety all in one package. I would have to wait another year for that price range and of course, that is too long.

The KA is much easier to fly and is quite comparable to the Baron in handling. Yes, it will feel heavier, but similar. Stay as far away from MU2 as you can. If looking at a KA90, the later the better, C model or later is best. Considering you are in Oregon, correct?, an E model might be a consideration. Look at the preformance charts for some of your higher, normal airports for each. The C is usually lighter than the E also usually with a lower gross takeoff weight. So it is usually a match. But check anyway.

Personally in the KA90 size, I like the F model. A 90 fuse with 200 engines and wing. A real go getter. But is also handles much differently than the other 90 models.

If you go the KA90 route, give a great deal of consideration to professional training. FSI or Simcom both do KA90 training. Personally I prefer FSI. I have done both. It will help you on your insurance and you will have a much better understanding of your aircraft and your capabilities.

Good luck and have fun.

Latest resources

Back