• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 90 or Lear 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prestige and comfort is the real reason psysicx. And, thanks Rick, FSI is one that I was looking at and there is no way I would move into a KA without it. I am getting way too old to teach myself anymore close calls. Even if it is just for pleasure most of the time, I want to get back in one piece and that goes for the plane also.

Oregonbythesea said:
Oregon took away his commercial drivers license for his job driving a log truck. I guess in their opinion it takes more to drive a truck than a multi engine aircraft.

That's probably why truck drivers make more than many pilots! It's Oregon's fault!!

Seriously though...if you were looking at a LR20 series you dont need too much room, how about the likes of a TBM700? Economical, speedy, lower insurance...the big downside would be the fact that the flight controls look like marital aids.

Good luck with your decision and welcome, both to the board and back to flying.

I think you got my chat wrong. I don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with a Cheyenne. I am sure it is a fine aircraft. I just wanted something with enough seats for the grandkids along with the potty that comes in very handy on the longer trips. Thanks Flywrite. This is a very nice board for all those interested in traveling higher than the roadway. I am glad I found it.

Last edited:
The cost factor can be eliminated. Would that change your mind?

Cost, more than anything but, it is definitely something for anyone to look at who wants turbo props and safety all in one package. I would have to wait another year for that price range and of course, that is too long.

wait. so which one is it? you can afford to purchase/operate/insure a lear but not a pilatus?

I can purchase a usable KA for 600K. I have never seen a Pilatus for anywhere near that price. The difference between the two would mean that I would have to wait another year. It isn't worth the wait when I can maybe enjoy the KA enough that I might not ever upgrade to a jet. Money in the short term is a factor, not in the long term.

King Air 90

Excellent choice, The PA31T leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the heater and size of seats. If you can afford a Beech it is the way to go.

Just my .02

I'm currently running a king air B-90 with a converted engine package. Sure it's an older king air but you can pick one up cheap and the engine package was a good deal. Plus no more hot sections and fuel nozzels. 68k a side that i don't have to pay anymore.

Made it down to florida in 3.5hrs from northern Jersey. 247kts at FL250.

Now i'm just working at installing XMWX on the tablets in the cockpit to give me something to do on the way.

I've got a friend of mine selling a A-90 with the 750hp engines for a very good price. My guess is less than 600k with 240's speed. Not going to see that till you get to the C-90A's and B's I used to fly.

Good 2cents worth. Diesel, CDL's are good too. I keep mine up, never know when it will come in handy. Given a choice though, I prefer charts to maps.

Latest resources

Back