Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ego unmatched by ability

NW_Pilot said:
I would be more than happy to do it you can find my contact details here http://www.aircraftdelivery.net or http://www.ferrypilotservice.com

NW_Pilot said:
Sure I would be up for it!!! Why not??? I am a ferry pilot and most all of us ferry pilots are able to handle that type of flight. I enjoy what I do and will fly almost anything anywhere.

mav1morrison said:
sounds good to me pls put me in touch.

mav1morrison said:
If your asking me if I'm up for it, that's a joke!! I've been doing charter in North America for 3yrs. Long legs?? Talk to me after u have had a 14 yr duty day on your 7th hr in the left seat of a single pilot typed aircraft. Wup-dee-duu if u've flown something with an auto in it acroos the pond.

There seem to be a number of folks on this board whose egos are not matched by either their abilities or their experience. I have a feeling we may be reading about these two guys in the funny papers someday.

Thanks to all for the replies. My contact has not replied to my latest query - I forwarded some of ya'll's information. So I hope it's not a dud. I've done my best - will let you know if/when I hear back. You know how these kind of things can go sometimes.

Oh yeah, regarding the 660 hr. dude. You need to at least know what the inside of a King Air looks like and how to start 'er up. I.e., some minimal amount of King Air time coupled with some decent turbine experience would be the "minimums" on this one. Also, I've done some (not a lot of) international flying and this one will be a doozy. I am sure you'll be able to handle it at some point, but this one's a bit out of your league right now. Nonetheless, good luck and keep aimin' high...

FL420 though I appreciate your concern, when was the last time you flew by yourself in a typed airplane in anything other then severe clear??? Planes aside, I've done my share of flying in real crap, all over the place for 135 cargo. Would it be a challenge?? I'm sure it would be, to make a long trip like that. I'm sure u quit everytime somebody said it might be a little hard to do something. If u continued to read I had apoligized for those remarks in my first post.

Last edited:
mav1morrison said:
FL420 though I appreciate your concern, when was the last time you flew by yourself in a typed airplane in anything other then severe clear??? Planes aside, I've done my share of flying in real crap, all over the place for 135 cargo. Would it be a challenge?? I'm sure it would be, to make a long trip like that. I'm sure u quit everytime somebody said it might be a little hard to do something. If u continued to read I had apoligized for those remarks in my first post.

Look Mav......I'm sure that if you have been flying night cargo in unpressurized Caravans and Bandits in the busy NEUSA corridor, your hand-flying instrument skills and FAA ATC procedures are second to none. That is not the issue here.

Let me ask you a few questions:
How much experience do you have in flying overwater?
Have you ever been to a survival course? Land survival? Water survival?
What do you know about Class II navigation? Overland? Overwater?
Are you RVSM qualified?
Have you ever flown where ICAO procedures are used instead of FAA procedures? Are you familiar with the more than 50 significant differences between those procedures?
What do you know about long-range alternate and diversion planning including the calculation of ETP's?
What do you know about KingAir systems? Can you recognize a fuel leak? A failure to feed or transfer fuel? Procedures for safely and legally diverting for weather or with an engine or pressurization failure?
How good are you at operating and interpreting airborne weather radar?
How much experience do you have dealing with the ATC, Airport, Customs, Immigration, Drug Enforcement and Security officials of foreign countries? Canada and Mexico don't really count.
What do you know about obtaining foreign overflight and landing permissions?
Do you know how to make absolutely certain all the ownership, airworthiness, registration and insurance paperwork on the aircraft is pristine and acceptable to the authorities of every country you will overfly or land in?

I could go on and on but I think I have touched on some of the highlights. It's not as simple as it seems and it's a long way from KBGR to OBBI. I have learned most of what I know about the subject through training, personal experience and the kindness of more experienced pilots. I don't claim to know even the half of it yet.

Once a pilot matures enough to realize he "doesn't know what he doesn't know," he is on his way to a long, safe and happy career.

I have actually done that trip (the reversal of it) well starting in India, then to Oman, and then Bahrain for fuel and then back to the US. It was in a Cheyenne II.

I briefly flew thru Syrian airspace, and also over Beirut, before overnighting in Cyprus

Ill warm the right seat....maybe push some nobs and swing some levers for a worthy PIC. I flew a King Air 350 sim once if that qualifies me :nuts:

Merick - don't forget that you are calm as a cucumber in a 10' spitting barrel - compare that to an engine fire or failure!

Baja.

was calm until yesterday, i was in Hanalei doing a little surfing when i decided to take a surf break and get some body surfing in....big mistake. Had like a 6-7 footer toss my a$$ so hard my whole body hurts today. Still dont know why Im planning on going back today.

FL420, I don't pressume to know it all. Nor would I just jump blindly into something of this nature. I have enough sense to know if something is behind my reach with my experience. All I was ssaying in the begining of all this, was that I was interested in the idea. Concerning your last, my experience with International trips is limited, though I have done quiet a few trips to Canada, lol. I know this is hardly a trip a cross the pond. I guess what I am getting back to is that if I did do something like this I would not just blindly jump in to this yelling "yee-haa". I appreciate the response and do understand the need for furthering my depth of knowledge.

Latest resources

Back