Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot_Ryan

Tiller Twirler
Anyone interested in ferrying a C90 from Kansas to, ahem, Bahrain in the Persian Gulf? I have no idea about the particulars, i.e. pay and dates, but I think it's going to happen soon. The contact arranging the details and looking for a pilot is in Bahrain. PM me if you're interested and I'll hook a brotha up.

NW_Pilot said:
I would be more than happy to do it you can find my contact details here http://www.aircraftdelivery.net or http://www.ferrypilotservice.com
Umm, I don't mean to burst your bubble... but that's a C90 King Air to be ferried to the other side of the world. Long legs across a large ocean; from looking at your resume on the profile there to the left... you really think you'd be up for something like this? Tell ya what, I have 3200 hrs or so in BE 1900s and maybe 6000 in 737s, some international, and I'm not sure that I'd even be up for a trip like that. Plus, there's the insurance company to keep happy... just saying don't get yer hopes up on this one.

If your asking me if I'm up for it, that's a joke!! I've been doing charter in North America for 3yrs. Long legs?? Talk to me after u have had a 14 yr duty day on your 7th hr in the left seat of a single pilot typed aircraft. Wup-dee-duu if u've flown something with an auto in it acroos the pond.

well, I'm having a wonderful night replying to the wrong posts. Anyways, my bad I did'nt realize who the return was addressed to. Again feelin' good, anyways my apoligy.

jbDC9 said:
Umm, I don't mean to burst your bubble... but that's a C90 King Air to be ferried to the other side of the world. Long legs across a large ocean; from looking at your resume on the profile there to the left... you really think you'd be up for something like this? Tell ya what, I have 3200 hrs or so in BE 1900s and maybe 6000 in 737s, some international, and I'm not sure that I'd even be up for a trip like that. Plus, there's the insurance company to keep happy... just saying don't get yer hopes up on this one.

Sure I would be up for it!!! Why not??? I am a ferry pilot and most all of us ferry pilots are able to handle that type of flight. I enjoy what I do and will fly almost anything anywhere.

NW_Pilot said:
Sure I would be up for it!!! Why not??? I am a ferry pilot and most all of us ferry pilots are able to handle that type of flight. I enjoy what I do and will fly almost anything anywhere.

haha...seriously, i mean that is no easy trip. then again, when i had 660 hours i probably thought i could have done it too. you couldn't get insured though.

NW_Pilot said:
I am a ferry pilot and most all of us ferry pilots are able to handle that type of flight. I enjoy what I do and will fly almost anything anywhere.
Yes, but... you have 700 or so hours. Any turbine time at all? Would you even know how to start the thing? It's pressurized... do you know how that stuff works and are signed off as required by FAR 61.31(g)(2)? You state you are a ferry pilot and can handle it... but you're flying small stuff domestically. Anyone can do that... this type trip is a whole different ballgame. You sound confident and eager, but at this point you know just enough to get you into trouble.

But, like UGA said, you'd never be insured for it. I'm not trying to be a flaming ass here, just trying for a reality check.

Hey NW Pilot

Hey to go there you must first get the engines started.

With 660 hrs I bet you don't even know what a King Air looks like!!!

With your attitude you'll be dead by 1000 hrs.

Grow up and get real.

Latest resources

Back