King Air 200 Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Stuff

Ok how do you get two pilots to sit in the front when only one can log the time? I understand and agree that both should be there for safety reasons but who logs what?

DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE QUESTION ANSWERED ABOVE!

Last edited:
you take turns flying. there are plenty of young guys (and maybe a few old ones :)) that would love to fly as 2nd pilot in a KA operation, if they are paid and treated well. many people started out that way. myself included.

Ok

So you could realistically put a 300 hr. ME/COMM pilot in the right seat and he will not raise any eyebrows when he logs that PIC time for which he was sole manipulator of the controls???

AV8R4 said:
So you could realistically put a 300 hr. ME/COMM pilot in the right seat and he will not raise any eyebrows when he logs that PIC time for which he was sole manipulator of the controls???

You should have 2 FSI trained pilots in the cockpit. Whos eyebrows are we talking about? I thought you were a marketing guy. Do you want to fly for Fedex someday? If you want to fly it, then go to school on the airplane and then sit in the right seat for a while until you get some experience and quit worrying about PIC time.:)

Flying the King Air

I have no plans to fly the aircraft but there are some CFIs on the field that might jump at the chance to sit right seat. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be waisting their time. Thanks Semperfido and all of you guys that have provided helpful info. You have been a big help.

AV8R4 said:

hahahaha....the airlines do it all the time now (well, they are logging SIC, but you get the idea) :laugh:

Your next call needs to be to your insurance agent. Run the different scenarios by hin and measure the responses. Your insurance will be much less operating with a full-time pilot as PIC. Also, my last King Air gig, I was able to get a $19K discount by operating with an SIC. SIC's are $200-$250 per day in my area, so it paid for itself, and the safety factor is immesurable.

Also, my last King Air gig, I was able to get a $19K discount by operating with an SIC
IIRC our discount was a bit less than that, but balancing this against an average of $28K per year, including benefits, for a full-time FO, and then adding the cost of Simcom's B200 initial to it every year ... it is quite a bit cheaper to just pay the premium, in the minds of our owners.

That said, however, they are increasingly flying "FO Required" trips, which means the FO gets paid the daily rate, and isn't just along for the training and experience. :)

Minh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back