• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kidney Stones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't say a damn thing about the stone, don't lie but don;t say ANYTHING!!!!

I agree. I had stones for the last 20 years. I get them about once every 5-6 years. If you do not get them while working you should never mention it. Hopefully you do not use your FAA doctor as your regular doctor. Keep them seperate. Your regular doctor should not be involved with anything to due with the FAA.

I had a kidney stone back in 98 and I lost my medical until I could get the doc to send my AME an X-ray showing no current kidney stones. My AME then had to fax in the x-ray to the feds for bureaucratic masturbatory review. It took a bit more than a week. Now I have to fill out my 1st class application with the kidney stone box checked, but its "previously reported".

On the topic of drinking more water, does the mineral content make a big difference? That distilled water tastes pretty nasty!

Caution!

I would be careful about what you say and to whom. One of our pilots (WN) lost his medical-for good. He had recurring stones and the Feds pulled the medical and he is on LTD.

The Feds have a history of making a decision based on medical opinions from the 1940s. Once you've raised a red flag, it's hard to lower it when all is clear.

Latest resources

Back